Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Repair macOS Catalina EFI partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a volume that doesn’t mount. I’m using opencore. Booted into the recovery disk, and run first aid on the disks and get the error listed above. If I run the “diskutil repairDisk disk3” command it says “Repairing the partition map might erase disk3, proceed? (y/N)”. Will I lose my data if I do this?
Thanks.
dominic

Hi, I have a volume that doesn’t mount. I’m using opencore. Booted into the recovery disk, and run first aid on the disks and get the error listed above. If I run the “diskutil repairDisk disk3” command it says “Repairing the partition map might erase disk3, proceed? (y/N)”. Will I lose my data if I do this?
Thanks.
dominic
If the error is on the EFI partition or on a specific volume, do not use repairdisk but repairvolume, repairdisk applies to the entire disk and repairvolume only to the selected volume, EFI in this case.
Repairvolume does not erase the disk, it is the same function that Disk Utility does when you do FirstAid. Repairdisk is not supposed to erase anything on the disk either, it only fixes any errors it finds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back