Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Remove extra Clover BIOS boot entries & prevent further problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have the multi boot entry problem with El Capitan and Clover. I’m going to upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra 10.12.6 My BIOS is the original version F2. To resolve the multi book entry problem, I’m trying to confirm if I must flash my BIOS to F20 or if I can upgrade to a BIOS version below F20.

I realize there are work arounds that solve the problem without flashing BIOS but in my mind they all have issues.

There is at least one post in this thread, and maybe a second, that speaks to the multi boot entry problem being solved with the F5 BIOS versions. Can anyone confirm that the F5 BIOS in fact solved the problem of multiple boot entries? Asked another way, does anyone know of a Bios version below F20 that corrects the problem? Which version?

Thank you very much.

Jim

Hi. I'm a fairly new convert to the Hackintosh. I've recently learn't a little bit about UEFI and that using apps like CCC don't clone the bootloader.
I have 2 120GB SSDs, i've tried to clone my stable 10.12.6 system to my spare drive in order to tinker with installing 10.13.
This has obviously crashed my system, having kept both SSDs connected at the same time.
I have tried deleting the extra boot entries in the shell bcfg prompt.
I can get both of the 2 SSDs booting via clover on my bootable USB created using unibeast.
I've tried reinstalling clover and/or running multibeast.
When selecting the OS on the SSDs clover, all I get is a blank screen and a reboot. Using verbose mode I get a line of plus symbols and then nothing.

I'm hoping please for a point in the right direction.
Thanks in advance,
Brad

Anyone have any info/help on how to ADD HARD DRIVE entries to the boot config? I accidentally deleted the entries for the actual HARD DRIVE onto which my boot loader is installed, and now my only option for booting is to manually select the Clover EFI partition in BIOS.

tl;dr need to add an entry for the HD on which the operating system is installed so BIOS can locate the EFi partition.

Hi. I'm a fairly new convert to the Hackintosh. I've recently learn't a little bit about UEFI and that using apps like CCC don't clone the bootloader.
I have 2 120GB SSDs, i've tried to clone my stable 10.12.6 system to my spare drive in order to tinker with installing 10.13.
This has obviously crashed my system, having kept both SSDs connected at the same time.
I have tried deleting the extra boot entries in the shell bcfg prompt.
I can get both of the 2 SSDs booting via clover on my bootable USB created using unibeast.
I've tried reinstalling clover and/or running multibeast.
When selecting the OS on the SSDs clover, all I get is a blank screen and a reboot. Using verbose mode I get a line of plus symbols and then nothing.

I'm hoping please for a point in the right direction.
Thanks in advance,
Brad

I would recommend disconnecting your everyday drive when experimenting with an upgrade on the backup drive.

Do you have Clover configurator? If you open it, usually the option "Mount EFI" comes up, select no. Then go to left side tool bar as in pic.

View attachment 267620

The EFI folder will appear on desktop open it and then open clover folder. Right click on config.plist and select open with Clover configurator. Go to Boot section and you can add or delete drives and boot priorities, see pic. Default is usually last booted volume so if you Shut do9wn using windows the next boot will go directly to windows unless you specify the drive you want to always use a s a primary boot for example the drive that has your clover efI on it. That way the system always shows you the clover boot screen and you can select the drive you want.

View attachment 267621

Thanks Gigamaxx, I'm still stuck at the issue. My clover version is 4.27... maybe upgrading clover will solve the issue?

By other side... looks like my configuration is fine as the attached pic... or it isn't??

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 159
Thanks Gigamaxx, I'm still stuck at the issue. My clover version is 4.27... maybe upgrading clover will solve the issue?

By other side... looks like my configuration is fine as the attached pic... or it isn't??

I prefer clover 4020 as it has the kext overide mode. In clover boot menu you can disable the kexts in your Clover kexts 10.12, 10.13, and Other folders. It comes in handy for updates if you want to overide for example lilukext which is essential to pass the update for 10.13.

I prefer clover 4020 as it has the kext overide mode. In clover boot menu you can disable the kexts in your Clover kexts 10.12, 10.13, and Other folders. It comes in handy for updates if you want to overide for example lilukext which is essential to pass the update for 10.13.

I'm using 10.11.3 and happy with it to do my coloring video work... thought couple of times to update OS, it is very good to know tricks to do it, thanks a lot Gigamaxx I will consider your tip.
Regarding my clover booting configuration... is it fine for you? do i miss something to avoid booting on windows mode instead of OS by default?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 392
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back