Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Remove extra Clover BIOS boot entries & prevent further problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you installed the nvidia webdrivers and selected them in your clover config.plist? I'm running the card below yours so there's no reason for it not to work.

Also, the update would have dropped all your BIOS settings so you'll need to reconfigure it ;)

Last edited:
I attempted a bcfg dump using clover 2.4 and there is no number beside the "Option:". Or maybe there is but it's invisible because it's blue on a blue background? UPDATE: restarted and this time the background is brown and I can see the numbers. Thumbs up.

Last edited:
What does this mean? Is it bad? "bcfg: unable to read from 'Boot000A'"

Hi, I've tried removing all these with the bcfg command so that I've only got HD left, however it doesn't seem to do anything. I'm still left with all of these entries. (Only the last three actually work. The first three NTFS ones don't do anything but blink a cursor) Also, the entries just keep seem to reappear after every boot on my bios screen. I cleared out like 35 of them and there's already a few new ones
I have bios F6 and OSX & clover on one SSD, and Windows on another. Those are the only SATA drives plugged in.

Any information anyone can give to help?

IMG_1552.JPG IMG_1551.JPG IMG_1550.JPG IMG_1552.JPG IMG_1551.JPG IMG_1550.JPG IMG_1549.JPG IMG_1548.JPG IMG_1547.JPG IMG_1546.JPG IMG_1546.JPG IMG_1547.JPG IMG_1548.JPG IMG_1549.JPG IMG_1550.JPG IMG_1551.JPG IMG_1552.JPG IMG_1552.JPG IMG_1551.JPG IMG_1550.JPG IMG_1549.JPG IMG_1548.JPG IMG_1547.JPG IMG_1546.JPG

Hey jdizzle, I updated to F20 but now for some reason my graphics card isn't mounting properly. Did you have any similar issues or have any advice?
zou have to use
Hey jdizzle, I updated to F20 but now for some reason my graphics card isn't mounting properly. Did you have any similar issues or have any advice?

you have to use NvmExpressDxe-64.efi, this fixes the issue

Wow. Thank you so much. This was exactly the solution for my boot problems. It was so weird. I noticed the many UEFI entries in the BIOS Boot Menu and came by a google search to your post and now everything is stable. Thank you!!!
?Ihad a **** ton ~20 of them when i tried to patch my audio problem . i tried to hard reset the mac osx now it doesn't boot at all anyone got insight on how to wipe a harddrive so i can start fresh from bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back