Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Remove extra Clover BIOS boot entries & prevent further problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
This issue drives me crazy. Have a Gigabyte Z77-DS3H with 3770k and Gt640, and nothing lets me boot anymore. Even with a freshly made install-USB stick and only a single SSD in the machine I seem to be unable to boot. Half of the USB-ports have stopped working, Clover console will not let me type commands: after 2 letters it starts writing over the earlier letters.... have tried removing GT640, only one stick of RAM... still the same problem. Clover seems to go bad as soon as it is inserted in the machine. Could BIOS have gotten corrupted?

Funny is; I have a similar machine but with i3 3225 and HD7970, and on this machine I have no issues so far.

Does Clover tinker with BIOS?? I'm starting to wonder...

So it seems like the solution put forward by tbjem0013 works for those also running a windows partition, but is there a long-term/single solution for those of us just running macOS? I'm on Sierra and have about 30 entries lol. I think I read somewhere that any mac formatted HD will have the EFI and cause problems?

Also which of these two options should be selected as boot option #1 in bios? The uefi? i know there are also boot options in the config.plist in clover like PBR, PBRsata, LegacyBiosDefault...would any of these help? mine is on PBR currently .

Attachments

• 20161107_194143.jpg
    20161107_194143.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 182
Last edited:
I did, and it really solved the problem. But at each clover update you will have to rename the BOOT folder.
But what definitely solved it was to upgrade my board to its latest beta BIOS...

Last edited:
@pit512 is that the F20b driver for you? Any other issues with it that you've noticed? I'm still using the F6 bios on my Gigabyte z170 HD3

@pit512 is that the F20b driver for you? Any other issues with it that you've noticed? I'm still using the F6 bios on my Gigabyte z170 HD3
Not yet. I'm using F7c found on Tweaktown right now.
There's no other issue that I know of with this beta BIOS, but that's for my mobo/BIOS combination...

I'm also using the F6 BIOS and I apparently still have the problem. Oddly enough though, I see extra entries in BIOS but not on the Clover boot selection screen.
Extra boot entries never appears in Clover boot screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back