Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Remove extra Clover BIOS boot entries & prevent further problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick beginner question. bcfg boot dump gives me a long list that blazes past my screen. Is there a flag (or any other way) to pause the list?

That's a useful question actually. I think it might be worth trying this:

help -b

because I suspect the -b flag will pause the output of other commands (but I'm NOT sure).

Quick beginner question. bcfg boot dump gives me a long list that blazes past my screen. Is there a flag (or any other way) to pause the list?

Just do what I did (It is easier anyway). Start from back to front. I had about 30 in there, took no more than 10 minutes.

THIS WORKS (If you have Windows installed as well on a different drive):
In OSX:
1. Use EFI Mounter (download from Tonymacx86 downloads section) utility to open EFI and go to the BOOT folder.
2. Rename BOOT folder to LAUNCHER
3. Reboot to Windows
In Windows:
1. Download and use EasyUEFI utility to delete any extra boot options.
2. Use EasyUEFI to add a new boot entry, select other OS, name it what you want (I just called it El Capitan) so you can identify it when you boot, and click Browse and go through the file directory \EFI\LAUNCHER\BOOTX64.efi
3. Done

Reboot to OSX then restart several times and make sure you aren't getting extra boot options
Perfect!!!
This must be in the first page

Use Page Up & Page Down. Works fine.

*PS* I'm convinced the only real fix for this issue is new bios from MB manufacturer.

Remove the cable ssd and re-Computer run without ssd Once and then reinstall the cable
Remove any extra boot options.

Last edited:
Perfect!!!

Hello,

I hope someone can help me. I follow the steps for this so lution, but actually I can't see anything in clover: no more boot to select.

I send you some print screens.

Thank you in advance for your help.

IMG_0220.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

Solved.

I used bad settings in clover. Now the problem is correct.

This solution works fine.

Solved.

I used bad settings in clover. Now the problem is correct.

This solution works fine.

Which solution? What do you mean by works fine? No extra boot options are added?
Currently Im running a setup with 4 HDs, being 3 SSDs, so, it's a @#$%$#@ nightmare to keep removing entries from time to time...

Which solution? What do you mean by works fine? No extra boot options are added?
Currently Im running a setup with 4 HDs, being 3 SSDs, so, it's a @#$%$#@ nightmare to keep removing entries from time to time...

Hi Muffie,

Yes with this solution I do not have extra boot anymore.

Cheers.

Perfect!!!
I've been studying this thread for a couple of days, and this one looks like the most promising. I'm about to give it a shot, but I wanted to know if there is anything else I should do prior to doing it, or anything I should do after. Does this method erase all the erroneous versions of my drive, or does it just prevent new erroneous ones from being created?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back