Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Remove extra Clover BIOS boot entries & prevent further problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, i think i messed this up like a boss!

When following the guide, i had like 99 extra UEFI entries.
I started deleting some.

When i did the dump, the two las entries where already important. so i was deleting everything but those ones.
Until i accidentally deleted one of them. (gonna post a picture of how my dump looks now)

Now my computer wont start into Mac OS anymore. It gets stuck at some kind of message like "pxsx cannot assert wake" but what is curious is that it even fails to write this message, sometimes it leaves some word unfinished.

I can log into windows tho.

PLease help me as i was busy working until i thought that would be cool to delete extra uefi entries.

Please help

So, seems that the problem is related to AMI Bios when searching for EFI partitions containing "\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi". Renaming BOOT to something else (like LAUNCHER) would solve it.
Any suggestions?

This fixes the problem of entries entering the UEFI OS again but breaks updating clover as makes the BOOT folder again and puts the new files there. This is easily fixed by copying the files by hand but it's not a completely clean solution this way IMHO.

So I hope someone has a better solution. I haven't succeeded in using CLOVERX64.efi instead of BOOTX64.efi yet...

I am trying to figure out this problem I am a little confused by my entries, I have one that just says "Hard Drive" and the only ones pointing to my Mac partition are UEFI/PciRoot, not HD. I'm not sure if I deleted something on accident or if the last option is the one that is working. Everything boots fine and I can switch to Windows but I had a lot of those bogus entries that I deleted (I assume Boot 008 entry was added while rebooting to get this info)

So my question is how do I make sure the right entry is there to fix this issue? I want to do these steps but am afraid of messing something up. Thanks for any advice on this.
  • VERY CAREFULLY add a new entry after the highest one in the list. I had to type "bcfg boot add 05 FS0:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI CloverBoot" w/o the quotes, where 05 was the new entry
  • Then you can delete old bcfg entry that pointed to /BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI with bcfg boot rm XX where XX is the number identifier seen when u do bcfg boot dump
IMG_3962.JPG

Here is what my bootloader looks like. Mac drive is 250gb, Windows 500. I also have a Blu Ray burner hooked up USB.

IMG_3963.JPG

Hi,

I've got two Clover installs on two separate drives and I just noticed that my backup second osx clover driver is loading its defaults from the first drive. How can I prevent that?

Thanks

You know Ozmosis has the same behavior. Constantly deleting extra boot entries. Anyhow having a separate issue with Clover loading the config drive off of the wrong drive and even loading the wrong Clover off of the wrong 2nd drive. Was able to work around it as when you exit Clover from using the last icon on lower right side there is loaded an old fashioned legacy biod with boot drive priority options that allows you to load the clover interface from the intended drive. Too bad Clover doesnt retain that choice after a reboot

I tried deleting all entries that do not point to a physical HD in the Clover shell; however, I now notice that I have NO entries that actually point to a physical HD.

Yet, my system still boots correctly.

How to I now generate an entry that points to a physical HD (it's an SSD at FS0) and then eliminate all the other entries?

(I've not fixed the original issue yet of course; my system still adds bogus entries after every reboot. I'm hoping an answer will be posted that will lead me to that solution as well; thanks!).

Ahh man the Nvidia drivers wont stick for me always defaults back to OSX Default graphics drivers any ideas? is it a clover config setting i have nvda_drv=1 at the moment.

Also i have updated my bios on the gaming 7 and am using XMP profile for my ram so imagine that will fix for you.

While I’m going past: from memory: you do need to select the NVidia web driver in the NVidia thinggy (Control Panel) in System Preferences. Sorry if this is wrong or irrelevant or you have already fixed it, etc. .

Been trying to follow steps listed here, but now I can't boot into OSX period. Do I wipe the hard drive now or what?

Edit: I have a second hard drive with Windows 7 on it - is there something I can do from that end? I started having these issues after I installed Windows. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back