CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, thank you for this guide. I was able to follow it and successfully remove some of the 'ghost' bootloaders from my machine. Unfortunately, I still cannot boot into my machine without the USB drive (I can't find a configuration of MultiBeast that works).

Here was what my boot drive options looked like before I followed this guide:
1609392128802.png

I followed the guide, and here is what my boot options are now:
IMG_0755.jpg

All I have connected are 1) my USB jump drive and 2) my 120 GB SSD. Question 1: Should these other boot options (SanDisk Cruzer Edge 2.01 and P3: SanDisk SSDX 120 GG25) be continuing to show up after removing all non physical drives via the UEFI Clover Shell command line method described in this post ?

Unfortunately, despite doing this, booting into MacOS using the USB bootloader and running MultiBeast - I still cannot get my machine to boot without using the USB stick.

Additionally, I've noticed that the entries that are not physical hard drives come back. For example, I followed this guide two separate times, removing all the options that did not have DevPath - HD. Here's what it showed the third time (Option 01 and 02 are not physical drives and reappear):
IMG_0756.jpg

Question 2: Is that supposed to happen - the non-physical drives continuing to reappear?

. . . here's what it looked like after I removed them for a third time:
IMG_0757.jpg

Unfortunately, despite booting into MacOS via the USB drive and running MultiBeast, I just get a black screen when I try to boot directly into the sole remaining non-USB UEFI option (UEFI: SanDisk SDSSDX120GG25).

Would greatly appreciate any thoughts or assistance.

Motherboard
MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU
i5-7600
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, thank you for this guide. I was able to follow it and successfully remove some of the 'ghost' bootloaders from my machine. Unfortunately, I still cannot boot into my machine without the USB drive (I can't find a configuration of MultiBeast that works).

Unfortunately, despite booting into MacOS via the USB drive and running MultiBeast, I just get a black screen when I try to boot directly into the sole remaining non-USB UEFI option (UEFI: SanDisk SDSSDX120GG25).

Would greatly appreciate any thoughts or assistance.

You are probably fine just leaving this as is for now. You have an older UEFI(BIOS), so perhaps this is as good as it will get. Check to see if you can set to boot to UEFI only in the BIOS as this may help things a bit. Really, I wouldn't worry about the extra boot entries for now. First get the computer booting properly from your SSD boot drive. For more help, I would post your question about the boot problem in the Forums --> Post Installation --> General Help. You probably have not configured Clover properly yet.

Motherboard
GA-H61N-USB3
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am using Anachronaut your method to remove extra Clover BIOS boot entries before updating to Big Sur. It seems to me that it is a mandatory prerequisite for updating (at least in my system Asus). What I am trying to ask I guess is: Is there a way to avoid this method every time? The answer is not important to me because (again) I use your method (I remove extra boot entries) and the upgrade works. It is just annoying (but not that much).