Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Remove extra Clover BIOS boot entries & prevent further problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be nice to know if it was the renaming of the boot folder or the bios update that actually cured it...

I think i can safely say now that updating to F6 did not fix the issue as the boot entries still keep comming back. I updated clover recently so "BOOT" folder on EFI was created again, resulting in dublicated boot entries.

I think i can safely say now that updating to F6 did not fix the issue as the boot entries still keep coming back. I updated clover recently so "BOOT" folder on EFI was created again, resulting in duplicated boot entries.

I am pretty sure it was noted that any time you update Clover in which the "latest version" is required for Sierra 10.12.4 to allow proper Kext injection, that the Boot folder renaming fix must be reapplied. Further, when updating Clover you will lose the Tonymac boot screen icons, if you installed initially from from Multibeast version, and Tony does not have his version posted for download or does he note the required method for updating or changing the boot icon theme which has changed from the prior methods that were builtin to prior Clover versions. It sounds like your Boot folder rename and plist edit fixed it temporarily???

I am pretty sure it was noted that any time you update Clover in which the "latest version" is required for Sierra 10.12.4 to allow proper Kext injection, that the Boot folder renaming fix must be reapplied. Further, when updating Clover you will lose the Tonymac boot screen icons, if you installed initially from from Multibeast version, and Tony does not have his version posted for download or does he note the required method for updating or changing the boot icon theme which has changed from the prior methods that were builtin to prior Clover versions. It sounds like your Boot folder rename and plist edit fixed it temporarily???

I am not using the TonyMac theme on clover if that is what you mean, also I am still running El Capitan. Actually I am planning a more vanilla install without Multibeast in the future so this might help me in the learning process?

At the moment the problem seems to be fixed by renaming the BOOT folder as suggested. I don't think I will try updating the BIOS again.

How can I create a new boot entry for /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi via UEFI shell?

Edit: Just found it the command here: #3

Edit2: Another cool trick that I didn't found on here yet is this:
Code:
bcfg boot dump -b
Instead of just dumping the whole list of boot entries the argument -b provides you with pages starting from 00. This makes it easier to see all the entries and figuring out which need to be deleted.

Last edited:
May i ask a question about this. not sure this procedure would help me. i maybe write a new thread but. i installed 10.12.3 succsessfully (more or less) i have at boot up screen one hard drive and another recovery partition. when i make a restart from osx it never restarts i have to switch of machine and then startup works. could the recovery partition be the problem? Also autostart does not work. i have "3" in timeout section but i have to click on boot icon to start...

when i make a restart from osx it never restarts i have to switch of machine and then startup works. could the recovery partition be the problem?
Unlikely, could be you need DSDT fixes
Also autostart does not work. i have "3" in timeout section but i have to click on boot icon to start...
Have you set DefaultVolume and/or DefaultLoader?

Last edited:
Unlikely, could be you need DSDT fixes

yes, think so i have to fix more things. just was so happy system is running nice and installation ran smooth.

also i think i have to do power management things. i did once with procedure can be found here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

but when i try to proceed the testing like shown in this thread comp boots so a lot things to do....

Have you set DefaultVolume and/or DefaultLoader?
... will check this. did not look for. only checked the timeout value.

As mentioned above a lot work still left. is there a suggestion with what i should start?

As mentioned above a lot work still left. is there a suggestion with what i should start?
USB might be involved. Also RTC is probably worth investigating.

Yes, attach ioreg...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back