Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade, Late 2016, FHD

Status
Not open for further replies.
@uar Im planning to use your guide to hackintosh a Razer Blade Stealth 8550u. Would the bios unlock method you used work (and be safe to use) on a stealth?

@uar Im planning to use your guide to hackintosh a Razer Blade Stealth 8550u. Would the bios unlock method you used work (and be safe to use) on a stealth?
It should work.

Hoping somebody can point me in the right direction here. I have most things working, and have just run through the 'Post-Installation Steps'. I was able to patch the DSDT (using this as a guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/) and all appears to have worked successfully (needed to use the refs.txt from that post), have compiled DSDT and placed in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. I've run through the battery/audio/backlight/bluetooth/power management sections without any issues, however I'm not having much luck seeing results and I have a feeling the associated kexts simply aren't loading on boot. If I reboot and check Preferences > Audio I can see there are no output devices, however if I run "sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext" I now have an output device available. As soon as I reboot, it's gone again.

This is all new to me so I've tried to do plenty of reading to understand what I'm doing, but can't really figure this out. Is there something I need to do for the kexts I've placed in SLE to be loaded on boot? I have done a chmod -R 755 and a chown -R root:wheel for all of the kexts I've placed in this folder which doesn't seem to have had any real effect.

Hoping somebody can point me in the right direction here. I have most things working, and have just run through the 'Post-Installation Steps'. I was able to patch the DSDT (using this as a guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/) and all appears to have worked successfully (needed to use the refs.txt from that post), have compiled DSDT and placed in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. I've run through the battery/audio/backlight/bluetooth/power management sections without any issues, however I'm not having much luck seeing results and I have a feeling the associated kexts simply aren't loading on boot. If I reboot and check Preferences > Audio I can see there are no output devices, however if I run "sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext" I now have an output device available. As soon as I reboot, it's gone again.

This is all new to me so I've tried to do plenty of reading to understand what I'm doing, but can't really figure this out. Is there something I need to do for the kexts I've placed in SLE to be loaded on boot? I have done a chmod -R 755 and a chown -R root:wheel for all of the kexts I've placed in this folder which doesn't seem to have had any real effect.

Please state your problem clearly and concisely.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

@ben9923 Do you have resources you can share on how you got touchscreen to work?

Hi all.

Would anyone here be kind enough to share their High Sierra Clover folder? It’d be much appreciated.

Edit: I have most things working on 10.13.0 except the 1060 displays a black screen on external monitor with a mouse cursor. Screen mirroring on, correct driver installed for 10.13.0, clover configurator setting all done. The 1060 is recognised in the system but this black screen with cursor is strange - the laptop display itself is fine.

Edit 2: For anyone who had this issue, I solved it by updating MacOS 10.13.0 to 10.13.6 (17G65) and nVidia web driver 387.10.10.10.40.105. HDMI works now with GPU acceleration. No sound via HDMI but hopefully that's solvable.

Last edited:
Hi all.

Would anyone here be kind enough to share their High Sierra Clover folder? It’d be much appreciated.

Edit: I have most things working on 10.13.0 except the 1060 displays a black screen on external monitor with a mouse cursor. Screen mirroring on, correct driver installed for 10.13.0, clover configurator setting all done. The 1060 is recognised in the system but this black screen with cursor is strange - the laptop display itself is fine.
There is no such thing as 10.13.0 nowadays, the latest version bundled with the High Sierra installer was 10.13.6, of course there have been security updates along the way, so if you have applied those, then check the build number in  - About this Mac - (Click on) Version 10.13.6 and you would get the build number.

Make sure you download the right driver for your build number from here!

Also make sure you download and install the kexts in the correct folder. Read the guide!

There is no such thing as 10.13.0 nowadays, the latest version bundled with the High Sierra installer was 10.13.6, of course there have been security updates along the way, so if you have applied those, then check the build number in  - About this Mac - (Click on) Version 10.13.6 and you would get the build number.

Make sure you download the right driver for your build number from here!

Also make sure you download and install the kexts in the correct folder. Read the guide!

Looks like you replied at the same time I placed an edit! You're correct of course - I was using an old version of high Sierra. All working butter smooth now. I'm even working on some quite heavy unreal engine work too which is... bizarre to see happening in macOS.

Do you have HDMI audio working? I can use internal speakers from your guide but controls are unavailable when I select HDMI. Literally the only thing which isn't working seamlessly.

Many thanks for all your hard work.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 11.02.22.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 11.02.22.png
    59 KB · Views: 113
Looks like you replied at the same time I placed an edit! You're correct of course - I was using an old version of high Sierra. All working butter smooth now. I'm even working on some quite heavy unreal engine work too which is... bizarre to see happening in macOS.

Do you have HDMI audio working? I can use internal speakers from your guide but controls are unavailable when I select HDMI. Literally the only thing which isn't working seamlessly.

Many thanks for all your hard work.

No, HDMI audio don't work. You have to use external speakers for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back