Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade, Late 2016, FHD

Status
Not open for further replies.
@uar I mentioned quite a few things that you definitely found helpful enough to included in your guide. Like modifying the bios to remove the cpus=4 boot flag so that we have full processor performance. As well as how to implement our dGPUs. I have also gotten the updated voodooi2c drivers working(including pinning) for basic functionality(mouse pointer, tap2click) this also allows for those with the touchscreen versions of our laptops, like myself to have gesture control via the touchscreen. The post in this thread are evidence of my claims.

I asked to start a collaborative effort on this guide to implement my findings and you ignored that. I don't see why you wouldn't give credit to those that have helped find solutions for our specific laptops that NO major dev has. Especially if it was respectfully asked for and you are using my fixes in your guide.

As far as the track pad I find it to be very useful as it gets the job done and while page scrolling with the arrow keys are slow it beats having to ALWAYS have a mouse. I don't know why you were getting kernel panics, that only happened to me when I forgot to remove applei2c Kexts after an update.
No need to remove Apple's I2C kexts anymore. You can just use CoolStar's 2 KextsToPatch entries.

Uploaded Recovery Bundle, this bundle contains the latest pre-installed Clover UEFI (as of now) and will allow replacement of the bootloader if you mess up something. It contains RehabMan's minimal config.plist for booting.

Recovery procedure will be done in "cmd" in Windows!

Type and apply:
  • diskpart
  • select disk 0
  • select partition 1
  • assign letter=g (g is an example, but you can assign any non-used letter)
It will successfully mount and give a warning, but it has no effect thought. You can override, add and remove files.

(Remember to change bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi in EFI\Microsoft\Boot in order to boot Clover if you have Windows installed!)

You can use a USB stick too (must be GPT)!
  • Insert USB!
  • Open "cmd", type and apply:
    • diskpart
    • list disk (it will show all the disk connected, remember your USB)
    • select disk x (where "x" is your USB)
    • select partition 1
    • assign letter=g

Last edited:
Uploaded Recovery Bundle, this bundle contains the latest pre-installed Clover UEFI (as of now) and will allow replacement of the bootloader if you mess up something. It contains RehabMan's minimal config.plist for booting.

Recovery procedure will be done in "cmd" in Windows!

Type and apply:
  • diskpart
  • select disk 0
  • select partition 1
  • assign letter=g (g is an example, but you can assign any non-used letter)
It will successfully mount and give a warning, but it has no effect thought. You can override, add and remove files.

(Remember to change bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi in EFI\Microsoft\Boot in order to boot Clover if you have Windows installed!)

You can use a USB stick too (must be GPT)!
  • Insert USB!
  • Open "cmd", type and apply:
    • diskpart
    • list disk (it will show all the disk connected, remember your USB)
    • select disk x (where "x" is your USB)
    • select partition 1
    • assign letter=g
So, has development / experimentation for the trackpad gone completely? I have a early 2017 blade with 7700hq and thats the only bit of this hack that i can't get working. Has anyone tried GPIO pinning? I cant see a bios number in device manager for some reason. If someone could help with this that would be great! Thanks.

So, has development / experimentation for the trackpad gone completely? I have a early 2017 blade with 7700hq and thats the only bit of this hack that i can't get working. Has anyone tried GPIO pinning? I cant see a bios number in device manager for some reason. If someone could help with this that would be great! Thanks.
no, it is still in development

maybe you need some patience

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

It was working for me back in Sierra and earlier versions of High Sierra. For some strange reason it didn't work anymore after some updates. I don't know if it is macOS related or BIOS related (as I have updated BIOS along the way). Even if you make it to work, you'll only get basic functionality, no gestures. In other words it isn't practical over a mouse...

If you still want to at least give it a try:
  • Make sure DSDT is patched with rename _DSM methods to XDSM. Don't remove _DSM methods.
  • Rename existing XDSM method back to _DSM in device TPD0 (DSDT).
  • Remove hotpatch "change _DSM to XDSM" in config.plist.
  • Remove LPSSI2C kexts and AppleHPM kext in SLE.
  • Reboot!
  • Give ownership to the file:
    Code:
    sudo chown -R root:wheel <drag and drop the kext here>
  • Load it in Terminal with the kextload command:
    Code:
    sudo kextload <drag and drop the kext here>

Attachments

• VoodooI2C.kext.zip
    65.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Razer Chroma:
chroma-101-logo-video.png

• Install Xcode and launch it.
  • Open main.m file.
  • Head down and find "razer_attr_write_mode_breath" and change that to the effect you want. Find the effects in razerkbd_driver.c
  • Build and run the project.
  • NOTE: Some modes will not work. Breath, Wave, Starlight and Spectrum are confirmed working. You can't set your own custom for now in macOS, but you can apply custom profile created in Windows.
Razer chroma doesn't work for me, does it still work for you that Xcode project?

Razer chroma doesn't work for me, does it still work for you that Xcode project?
Haven’t tested in Mojave yet, but what macOS and Xcode version are you on?

Haven’t tested in Mojave yet, but what macOS and Xcode version are you on?
High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G3025) - Xcode 10.1

It should work. Try downloading Xcode again and then try.

Thank you, I've changed few lines of code and now it works, my blade wasn't supported but I've fixed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back