Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade, Late 2016, FHD

Status
Not open for further replies.
This machine has 4 cores, but Windows is showing 8. Same with the L3 cache.

Separate topic, but Windows is showing virtual processors enabled by hyperthreading.
The stat you're looking at in macOS is showing actual CPU cores.
With HT, virtual processor count is hardware cores x2.
Your CPU is quad core.

Separate topic, but Windows is showing virtual processors enabled by hyperthreading.
The stat you're looking at in macOS is showing actual CPU cores.
With HT, virtual processor count is hardware cores x2.
Your CPU is quad core.
Off-topic: So, hyperthreading is not enabled in macOS?

Off-topic: So, hyperthreading is not enabled in macOS?

No.
macOS takes full advantage of all 8 logical CPUs in a quad core CPU, and all 4 logical CPUs in a dual core CPU.

No.
macOS takes full advantage of all 8 logical CPUs in a quad core CPU, and all 4 logical CPUs in a dual core CPU.
Off-topic: O'right, thank you for teaching me something new, by the way does the bootflag cpus=4 have any meaning for the logical CPUs?

Off-topic: O'right, thank you for teaching me something new, by the way does the bootflag cpus=4 have any meaning for the logical CPUs?

The kernel flag cpus specifies the number of logical CPUs to be used.
So, for a quad core, cpus=8 is the maximum, cpus=4 will limit usage to 2 cores/4 logical CPUs.

Reactions: uar
macOS 10.13.1 Update
  • The Trackpad is no longer supported, so you need to carry around an external mouse. Delete VoodooI2C from SLE or you'll get KP!
VoodooI2C should work with 10.13 the same way it did with 10.12.
Please attach your DSDT and a copy of IOReg :)

(Is it possible you forgot to remove the Lpss kexts post-update? They come back with software updates, and if you needed to remove them on 10.12, you should do so in 10.13 too)

Hi @uar my system is dual boot so if i after only firmware updating ( windows bundle file) any problems ?

VoodooI2C should work with 10.13 the same way it did with 10.12.
Please attach your DSDT and a copy of IOReg :)

(Is it possible you forgot to remove the Lpss kexts post-update? They come back with software updates, and if you needed to remove them on 10.12, you should do so in 10.13 too)
I did remove LPSS kexts too, but still got KP. DSDT and IOReg attached! :thumbup:
Hi @uar my system is dual boot so if i after only firmware updating ( windows bundle file) any problems ?
No. The firmware update will only solve the fan issue. Everything else is not affected! :thumbup:

Attachments

• DSDT and iOReg.zip
    681.5 KB · Views: 103
I did remove LPSS kexts too, but still got KP. DSDT and IOReg attached! :thumbup:

No. The firmware update will only solve the fan issue. Everything else is not affected! :thumbup:
No OS Patch applied to your DSDT :O
Apply Windows 10 OS patch, then try again.
Please attach new DSDT and IOReg after that :)

Are you using latest v1.0.4 from here?
https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C/releases

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    679.6 KB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back