Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade, Late 2016, FHD

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can, but install Windows first then. The recovery partition is meant for erasing the whole disk and installing the activated Windows OS with all the drivers and Razer software etc. If you install macOS first and then use the recovery partition to install Windows, you're doomed. It will erase the whole disk and you will lose your installation of macOS. It's not like a normal Windows installation where you can chose the partition you want it on, it will do what it wants no mather what. The best practice will be to let Windows be installed as the first partition using the recovery one, recovery as the second (for emergency proposes), macOS as the third and macOS recovery as the fourth (don't delete it, it's useful).

Thank you brother.
Actually I have 2 ssd 1. 512gb and 2.1tb 960evo so can i tranfer 512ssd all data to 960evo (Using MACRIUM REFLECT FREE SOFTWARE) after transfer the all data I ll get my genuine windows in new ssd ok. Once done all this step. Now can i make 2 extra partitions. 1. Is "C dive" 2. "windows data storage" and 3. For "MAC OS X SIERRA.
So it's this possible ?

I was thinking this
1. Getting my own genuine windows os in new ssd drive with recovery partition.
2. Extra Partition for windows data storage.( for games and file)
3. And 3rd partition for sierra installation.
If this is possible, tell me method.

Thank you brother.
Actually I have 2 ssd 1. 512gb and 2.1tb 960evo so can i tranfer 512ssd all data to 960evo (Using MACRIUM REFLECT FREE SOFTWARE) after transfer the all data I ll get my genuine windows in new ssd ok. Once done all this step. Now can i make 2 extra partitions. 1. Is "C dive" 2. "windows data storage" and 3. For "MAC OS X SIERRA.
So it's this possible ?

I was thinking this
1. Getting my own genuine windows os in new ssd drive with recovery partition.
2. Extra Partition for windows data storage.( for games and file)
3. And 3rd partition for sierra installation.
If this is possible, tell me method.
Yes, it is. The procedure to make this work will take more time then you know. If you have a docking station for NVMe drives, then it will be easy, if not you have to make a bootable flash drive with the content inside of the recovery partition. Only then you'll be able to install with it on the new NVMe. I wiped it out as I only use macOS as my primary OS and later on installed Ubuntu, but keeping it can be done.

I'll try whatever I can to help you, but just get that I've never done this before. There will be more steps, so just be patient. Let's mount the recovery partition first in Windows.
  • Press "Start" and type "cmd", right click and open it as an Administrator.
  • Type "diskpart" and press enter.
  • Type "list disk" and press enter.
  • Find your disk and type "select disk x (where x is the number) and press enter.
  • Type "list partition" and press enter.
  • Find the recovery partition and its corresponding number and type "select partition x" (where x is the number) and press enter.
  • Now we have to assign a letter for that partition. Type "assign letter=x" (where x is the variable you want to attach to. Could be any alphabetical sign, not the used ones) and press enter.
  • Type "exit" and close cmd.
Now we have mounted it. Take a look at the content. Send me screenshots of whats in there and then I'll try to figure out how to make it bootable from a flash drive.

Last edited:
macOS 10.12.6 Update
  • This update will break your audio drivers. Delete "AppleHDA" from SLE.
  • If you've installed NVIDIA driver, it will ask you to update it (not needed if not used with an eGPU).
  • You'll lose your Trackpad too. Delete "LPSSI2C" kexts from SLE.
  • Restart! :thumbup:

Last edited:
uar i need help, for i installed in hdd mac os sierra 10.12.5 / but how to install bundle.zip files. / anyone tell the after installed, sound, trackpad, power, etc. how to will install bundle.zip files. and one more question in bundle folder lots of files so i need all install ?

uar i need help, for i installed in hdd mac os sierra 10.12.5 / but how to install bundle.zip files. / anyone tell the after installed, sound, trackpad, power, etc. how to will install bundle.zip files. and one more question in bundle folder lots of files so i need all install ?
Yes, you have to do so, but step by step. I recommend you to set up iMessage first as you have to be offline to do that (link provided in the guide). Then install the kexts. Patch DSDT&SSDTs or you can try mine included in the bundle to see if they work for you or not. Implement power management. Download KextBeast for installing the kexts. They have to be installed in SLE.

NOTE! When installing VoodooHDA, make sure you delete AppleHDA or it will not work.

You may wanna take a look at this thread. A lot of questions are answered and you'll learn something from previously posts!

How long is the battery life ? :)
Does the Razr Chroma effect work?
After disabling the discrete card. I get around 6-7 hours depending on the work I do. Chroma effects work, but you can't set your own custom effects as you don't know the parameters for setting them in Xcode. A workaround is to install Ubuntu and install razerCommander. They will apply to the default profile and will work in macOS!

Last edited:
Yes, you have to do so, but step by step. I recommend you to set up iMessage first as you have to be offline to do that (link provided in the guide). Then install the kexts. Patch DSDT&SSDTs or you can try mine included in the bundle to see if they work for you or not. Implement power management. Download KextBeast for installing the kexts. They have to be installed in SLE.

NOTE! When installing VoodooHDA, make sure you delete AppleHDA or it will not work.

You may wanna take a look at this thread. A lot of questions are answered and you'll learn something from previously posts!
thank you so much, uar and rehabman.
I fully installed Sierra 10.12.5 in NVME 960 EVO 1TB
RAZER BLADE 2016 LATE FHD (1920x1080)
with I changed the 512 SSD to 960 EVO 1TB
sounds working (headphone not working)
intel hd 530 working
battery working
wifi dw1560 working
bluetooth working

I want help for this
how to fix please tell me the step, I am very new hackintosh
TRACKPAD not working - how to fix this ?
RAZER SYNAPSES not working - how to fix this ?
BRITGHNESS buttons works only but display not low , high - how to fix
SOUND WORKING - but only speaker headphone not -- how to fix this ?

I MESSAGE when I putting id password after coming again asking for password then coming error
(Verification Failed
An unknown error occurred.) - how to fix this ?

and
I want to install windows in this SSD so can I make 2 partition one for windows 10 and 2nd for windows data storage partition. so if make 2 partition from disk utility , can access in windows 10 fro 2nd partition ?

thank you so much, uar and rehabman.
I fully installed Sierra 10.12.5 in NVME 960 EVO 1TB
RAZER BLADE 2016 LATE FHD (1920x1080)
with I changed the 512 SSD to 960 EVO 1TB
sounds working (headphone not working)
intel hd 530 working
battery working
wifi dw1560 working
bluetooth working

I want help for this
how to fix please tell me the step, I am very new hackintosh
TRACKPAD not working - how to fix this ?
RAZER SYNAPSES not working - how to fix this ?
BRITGHNESS buttons works only but display not low , high - how to fix
SOUND WORKING - but only speaker headphone not -- how to fix this ?

I MESSAGE when I putting id password after coming again asking for password then coming error
(Verification Failed
An unknown error occurred.) - how to fix this ?

and
I want to install windows in this SSD so can I make 2 partition one for windows 10 and 2nd for windows data storage partition. so if make 2 partition from disk utility , can access in windows 10 fro 2nd partition ?
There's a folder for the Trackpad inside the bundle. Follow those instructions in the README file and you'll have it working. Backlight injection files are provided in the bundle. Follow instructions at post #17 to enable it. Headphones will not work, you have to move over to bluetooth for macOS on this machine.

Bro the bro is i installed backlight.kexts only button showing but , display not bightness not working. / track pad works, sounds works/ only backlight birightness not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back