Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade, Late 2016, FHD

Status
Not open for further replies.
@uar need help in razer blade 2016 late everything works perfect but my hardware info showing wrong in "system info"
L3- cache

@uar i need help for razer blade 2016 late - system info showing wrong.
check the attached file. ( Total Number of Cores: showing for only 4 and L3 Cache: 3 MB
how to fix this ?

Attachments

• Screenshot at Nov 14 11-38-16.png
    Screenshot at Nov 14 11-38-16.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 107
Thanks for your reply.
I asked incorrectly.
Before I saw this thread, I already updated my bios.
So I can't use the DSDT and SSDTs you provided.
I solved the Optimus problem now by using the spoof SSDT from this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-only-ran-for-0-seconds-with-dual-gpu.233092/
I boot and install successfully but my Blade became very hot.
And I want to patch some ACPI files that to see if I can improve it.
Also it seems that disabling the Nvidia card by patching SSDTs is a better way to solve the Optimus problem.
But after I extracted the ACPI files from Clover and decompiled it.
I always encountered errors when I wanted to compile it.
Even if I didn't patch anything yet.

So how do you patch your DSDT and SSDTs?
RehabMan's guide for patching DSDT and SSDTs.
I finally got my laptop up and running with High Sierra. Everything seems to be working properly except for the touchpad. I'm not updated to 10.13.1 so I should still be able to use the touchpad right? If anyone can help me get that working that would be great
I think it's patched in the final realase of High Sierra. Remember I had to carry around a mouse after updating from the betas. First I thought this was BIOS related issue after updating to fix the fans, therefore didn't mention it in the 10.3 Update post, but tried in El Capitan and it was working. The driver was in beta state anyway, so this was kinda expected.
@uar i need help for razer blade 2016 late - system info showing wrong.
check the attached file. ( Total Number of Cores: showing for only 4 and L3 Cache: 3 MB
how to fix this ?
This is a quad core machine, meaning there're only 4 cores to your system and L3 cache is correct. I know Windows is telling you there are 8 cores (hahahaha), but that's totally wrong!

Last edited:
Ok got it but l3 showing only 3mb in sierra and in windows 6mb showing

Ok got it but l3 showing only 3mb in sierra and in windows 6mb showing
Dont worry, its corrected in macOS. Windows is wrong on this.

Thanks @uar one more thing should I update new windows bios version? Or not ?

Thanks @uar one more thing should I update new windows bios version? Or not ?
Do not, you have to patch DSDT and SSDTs again. Use the firmware update included in the Windows bundle.
Both are "correct".
This machine has 4 cores, but Windows is showing 8. Same with the L3 cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back