Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

The clear (and consistent) fail scenario is when you close the lid to initiate sleep. In every case, by opening the lid, the system wakes with no backlight.

Thanks.

Hi All,

The clear (and consistent) fail scenario is when you close the lid to initiate sleep. In every case, by opening the lid, the system wakes with no backlight.

Thanks.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

What about with Apple->Sleep (no lid involved)?

Hi razer-razer,

Yep, all done. I was able to get a network connection via WiFi, I just needed to be able to patch the DSDT's for all the other bits (backlight, battery, trackpad, etc).

I started from scratch again over the weekend. I just couldn't understand why, on a fresh build, I wasn't extracting a clean set of DSDT's. So, reset the bios and started again with a fresh install of High Sierra. Lo and behold, a clean set of extracted DSDT's (which doesn't make sense, but I'll roll with it - probably the Bios reset, TBH).

So I now have a working Razer, Wifi, backlight, battery and trackpad (I needed GPIO pinning). Multitouch on the trackpad would be the holy grail, but for now I need to sort the sleep/wake issues :)

Thanks all for your help!
Hey, could you show me how you did the trackpad? I can't seem to GPIO pin. A finished file or even a small guide would be great. Thanks.

Attachments

• debug_6429.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 232
@JENSENHUANGYANKAI - I followed this guide: https://voodooi2c.github.io/#Installation/Installation

@RehabMan - Apple -> Sleep (without closing lid) works OK. If I wait for the sleep to complete (about 15-20 seconds) I can then close the lid and then, later, open it and it's fine. Hence the frustration at closing the lid and then backlight fails...

Files attached. :)
Thanks for replying, but I don't really get what to edit. Theres both the
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG)) and Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFI)).

I'm not too sure on what to patch. Can you send me your dsdt and ill compare from there? Thanks.

@RehabMan - Apple -> Sleep (without closing lid) works OK. If I wait for the sleep to complete (about 15-20 seconds) I can then close the lid and then, later, open it and it's fine. Hence the frustration at closing the lid and then backlight fails...

Probably something ACPI related. Look at _PTS or EC queries or GPE methods for code that might be related to lid and sleep. In Apple's world, nothing special should be done for lid triggered sleep vs. normal Apple->Sleep.

Attachments

• DSDT_3_post_gpio_pi.dsl
    1.2 MB · Views: 366
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back