Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, that got me past the boot entry issue that I was having! Unfortunately I'm now stuck at a black screen now when I try to boot into any of the mac os entries. Any ideas?

Awesome, that got me past the boot entry issue that I was having! Unfortunately I'm now stuck at a black screen now when I try to boot into any of the mac os entries. Any ideas?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi Everyone,

I was trying to get a Razer Blade 2017 UHD model to work, with some success.

Thus far, I have followed the instructions as per lectrasxt16's guide mostly. The only difference was that I used AppleALC instead of VoodooHDA, for better audio quality.

Still trying to get the HDMI + HDMI audio to work. It seems like after plugging in a HDMI cable, HDMI output is not working (screen does not flicker, no output to device connected via HDMI)

I've tried to apply FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, as well as run this patch for framebuffer

```
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>0x591b0000, 0105 instead of 0306, HDMI</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
AgQKAAAIAACHAQAAAwYKAAAEAACHAQAA/wAAAAEAAAAg
AAAA
</data>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AQUKAAAIAACHAQAAAgQKAAAIAACHAQAA/wAAAAEAAAAg
AAAA
</data>
</dict>
```

Edit:

Got HDMI working, without HDMI audio yet. A few things that had to be done

1. Install Nvidia Web Driver for your build, mine was http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/133514/en-us for 17E199
2. In config.plist, under ACPI/Graphics/Inject/NVidia, set it to false
3. under ACPI/SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb, set it to true
4. remove nv_disable=1 in boot flags
5. As an additional step (not sure if its required), I have NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. This is on top of Lilu.kext and CoreDisplayFixup.kext (I'm using the UHD model, YMMV) which was already present previously.

When it succeeds, you should see two entries in System report under Graphics

upload_2018-4-18_0-9-32.png

Now the next step is to fix up HDMI audio. As always, anyone with this rig that's interested in exploring, do share your insights and outcomes!

Happy hacking!

Edit:
Removed Problem reporting zip, as it contains outdated info

Last edited:
You should verify that in Windows...

Hey Rehabman,

Thanks for your continuous support, I've already gotten past this step and updated the above message :)

Hey Rehabman,

Thanks for your continuous support, I've already gotten past this step and updated the above message :)

Got HDMI working, without HDMI audio yet. A few things that had to be done

1. Install Nvidia Web Driver for your build, mine was http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/133514/en-us for 17E199
2. In config.plist, under ACPI/Graphics/Inject/NVidia, set it to false
3. under ACPI/SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb, set it to true
4. remove nv_disable=1 in boot flags

Yup... makes sense when HDMI dedicated to Nvidia (much like a dual-GPU desktop configuration).

Hi All,

OK, am I being a noob here. I'm having trouble getting to the installer. I've created the USB from the command line and installed Clover but getting no joy. I'm posting here as I had tried the UniBeast method outlined in this thread too, but I still cannot get to the installer :( I know it's something really simple I've missed. Please help :) lol.

Attachments

• 2018-05-15 09.49.27.jpg
    2018-05-15 09.49.27.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 236
  • EFI.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 188
Hi All,

OK, am I being a noob here. I'm having trouble getting to the installer. I've created the USB from the command line and installed Clover but getting no joy. I'm posting here as I had tried the UniBeast method outlined in this thread too, but I still cannot get to the installer :( I know it's something really simple I've missed. Please help :) lol.
clover/kexts/other is empty?
config.plist is not per guide

OK, went back to the guide. The only difference is the boot flags (-v so I could get the output and -cpus=4)
clover/kexts/other is empty?
config.plist is not per guide

Thought I was being a noob. Thanks! :)

Is it possible to post downloads to your completed patched dsdts, and all the kexts that you used? I have the exact same laptop as you, razer blade 2017 and I can only get wifi, bluetooth, and audio working properly right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back