Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so oddly, my wake from sleep seems to be working?!?!? I installed the Bluetooth kexts for the new Broadcom card i installed and also reinstalled RehabMan's version of Clover as I needed to add EmuVariableUEFI-64 for iMessage and FaceTime support (ROM and Board numbers would not persist without this). Gonna try the Nvidia graphics later today :)
Awesome! I need to try that. My laptop still won't wake from a closed lid. Glad you got Nvidia working. Have you noticed any battery impact. I really haven't.

OK, so here the odd thing... I have the same problem as razer-razer - kind of....

The Razer is so damned near perfect, I'm using it as my main machine now. On my desk, lid shut, plugged into power and HDMI to a monitor, BT apple keyboard and mouse. All good.

If I unplug everything, then open the lid, all is good, I get the login screen. If I do stuff, shut the lid and then hook up to the monitor (no need to plug in power) again, the monitor bursts into life with the login screen if I press a key or tap on the mouse.

All expected behaviour I guess (except my MacBook wont do this unless I have power plugged in too).

The issue is if I have nothing plugged in, work away then shut the lid - wait - then open the lid, nothing. I'm pretty sure its on, just cannot see the display (maybe - the LED's change, keyboard lights up, etc)?

I have the feeling I've missed something in my setup. Any ideas? Dump attached.

TIA.

Attachments

• debug_9809.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 188
OK, so here the odd thing... I have the same problem as razer-razer - kind of....

The Razer is so damned near perfect, I'm using it as my main machine now. On my desk, lid shut, plugged into power and HDMI to a monitor, BT apple keyboard and mouse. All good.

If I unplug everything, then open the lid, all is good, I get the login screen. If I do stuff, shut the lid and then hook up to the monitor (no need to plug in power) again, the monitor bursts into life with the login screen if I press a key or tap on the mouse.

All expected behaviour I guess (except my MacBook wont do this unless I have power plugged in too).

The issue is if I have nothing plugged in, work away then shut the lid - wait - then open the lid, nothing. I'm pretty sure its on, just cannot see the display (maybe - the LED's change, keyboard lights up, etc)?

I have the feeling I've missed something in my setup. Any ideas? Dump attached.

TIA.

MacBookPro14,3 is a poor choice. Use MacBookPro14,1 or MacBookPro11,1.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, don't delete kexts. Use CoolStar's patches for I2C instead.

Thanks as always @RehabMan I'll review my blunders and post later with (hopefully) improved results :)

Hi, I am new to Hackintosh.
I bought a MacBook Pro since 2014.
I bought a Razer blade pro 2017 recently for running heavy task on Unity3D.

So that, I wish to try installing Hackintosh on the Razer because I to use single computer.
I can install MacOS High Sierra on same drive with windows. Meaning that I can boot to windows usually and also boot to MacOS.
However, most of hardware is not available. I wish only two hardware to be working: 1- Wifi (Killer 1535), 2- GTX 1080

I wish to pay if anyone could help me out because it really helpful for me. so I can curry only one computer.

Hi @rathahin2

Whilst I feel your frustration (believe me, I've considered the same idea of offering to ship my laptop to a more experienced person together with a PayPay payment), the point is that if you update the OS or hardware, you'll need to repeat the process... If you take the time to learn how this works, then this will save you time (and money) in the long run...

Talking of which, I'm about to do a fresh install on this laptop again, this time not deleting kexts and installing new ones correctly, then patching form scratch again as I've lost a little stability after changing and experimenting with bits :/

Next time I post, It'll be on a clean install. See you on the other side :p

Last edited:
So, I'm back....

Everything seems to be working so far (Backlight, Battery, Touchpad, Wifi, Bluetooth, Audio).

So, back to the sleep issue. I've noticed after sleep, the machine wakes with no backlight (I noticed today, that the screen image is there, just not backlit). Also, no HDMI out. Wondering if I need to do something with the EDID for the wake from sleep backlight issue? What's everyone else done?

@RehabMan - I tried not deleting kexts, but the VoodooIC2 would not work unless I removed AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2Controller.kext :(

Attached are the usual files for review...

TIA

**EDIT**
OK, so everything points to the lid. If I set the sleep (on battery) to one minute and wait, I see the display go off. If I wait some more (30 seconds or so) the led status on the laptop changes from pulsing green to pulsing white - meaning it's asleep. If I press a key, tap the trackpad, etc the system wakes and all is well. This is the same if I wait for the sleep, close the lid - wait - then re-open the lid. Again the system wakes normally. The only time the system does not wake normally is when I close the lid to initiate sleep. Re-opening the lid, the status LED changes from white to green but no backlight.

Anyone else having this issue?!?!

TIA.

***EDIT #2 (sorry)***
If I select 'Sleep' from the Apple menu and wait for the LED status light to go from Green to White and then close the lid, the Blade wakes on lid open with no issues. Same with not closing the lid. Select "Sleep" from the Apple menu, the system enters sleep state and if I tap a key or the trackpad, the system wakes fine.

TIA

Attachments

• debug_31425.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
***EDIT #2 (sorry)***
If I select 'Sleep' from the Apple menu and wait for the LED status light to go from Green to White and then close the lid, the Blade wakes on lid open with no issues. Same with not closing the lid. Select "Sleep" from the Apple menu, the system enters sleep state and if I tap a key or the trackpad, the system wakes fine.

Given this EDIT #2 text, there is no clear failure scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back