Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve tried to run it with projector via built-in HDMI.

But had no signal. The cable is brand new.

In the Windows all working just good with the same setup.

What am I doing wrong?

Do I need a custom config.plist setting?

May be the trouble is in the different version of MacOS build and version of the NVidia driver?
if you have disabled your nvidia, then it won't work (as you say you have disabled it in your hardware profile)

from post 1:
When you want to use HDMI, just mount the EFI Drive and go to EFI-Clover-ACPI-Patched and remove the SSDT-10-OptTabl from the folder and reboot, the card will then be enabled again.

if you have disabled your nvidia, then it won't work (as you say you have disabled it in your hardware profile)

from post 1:
When you want to use HDMI, just mount the EFI Drive and go to EFI-Clover-ACPI-Patched and remove the SSDT-10-OptTabl from the folder and reboot, the card will then be enabled again.
This is my Patched folder from mounted EFI partition.
Nvidia not working after reboot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 14.28.16.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 14.28.16.png
    23 KB · Views: 66
This is my Patched folder from mounted EFI partition.
Nvidia not working after reboot.
assuming you mean your hdmi isn't working?

guys any idea about why the SSD change completely lock the bios?

I followed this guide on my 2018 Blade 15 Advanced (i7-8750h + gtx 1070 disabled) and got Mojave running great. However, I am falling pretty far behind with Logic Pro updates due to still being on Mojave. Has anyone had any luck with doing an in-place upgrade to Catalina or Big Sur? What tweaks would need to be made?

I followed this guide on my 2018 Blade 15 Advanced (i7-8750h + gtx 1070 disabled) and got Mojave running great. However, I am falling pretty far behind with Logic Pro updates due to still being on Mojave. Has anyone had any luck with doing an in-place upgrade to Catalina or Big Sur? What tweaks would need to be made?
my razer blade is running big sur perfectly, dgpu off, sleep and all usb and thunderbolt work. I think the models are pretty similar

i think the only difference between the 2019 and the 2018 is in the 2019 the thunderbolt display is linked to the nvidia gpu, in the 2018 is linked to the uhd (which is better for macos)

my razer blade is running big sur perfectly, dgpu off, sleep and all usb and thunderbolt work. I think the models are pretty similar
Obviously I would be making backups upon backups beforehand just in case. Did you start at an earlier OS and simply run the update from inside the OS, or did you have to do a fresh install?

Obviously I would be making backups upon backups beforehand just in case. Did you start at an earlier OS and simply run the update from inside the OS, or did you have to do a fresh install?
upgraded from a clean catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back