Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The efi I've posted 2 pages before already has full OpenCore support, you're welcome to develop from there on battery and trackpad hotpactches though.
Yep, I know, I’ll make any changes needed on top of it!

Thanks a lot for the NVRAM SSDT too, that’s great! Our laptop was supposed to work with AptioMemoryFix alone, but I couldn’t get it to shutdown/reboot without kernel panicking... A step closer to a vanilla setup!

Yep, I know, I’ll make any changes needed on top of it!

Thanks a lot for the NVRAM SSDT too, that’s great! Our laptop was supposed to work with AptioMemoryFix alone, but I couldn’t get it to shutdown/reboot without kernel panicking... A step closer to a vanilla setup!
Would be great if you can make hotpatch for battery and trackpad. I've read the guide from rehabman twice, and followed along the battery one, and tried to do by the analogy later on but it just didn't work. I gave up for now, spent too much time while doing OpenCore anyway, feel kind of full with this hackintoshing :)

Has anyone had issues with audio after sleep? My speakers usually don't work and microphone will cut out until reboot after waking up. Does voodooHDA work better or is there a fix available?

Ok, but it's still in development, battery status doesn't work as of now, and you might want to add bluetooth kexts if you want it. Also a MUST is to change PlatformInfo section where value set to CHANGE_ME (refer to this fo more info -> https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/o...e/intel-config.plist/coffee-lake#platforminfo).
I have experimenting with your EFI and I keep getting a kernel panic. It says generation from smc at status 1. Currently running Catalina. Unsure why, but is seems to happen after the IoFlags 0x3 line. Any help would greatly be appreciated
20200410_165201.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone had issues with audio after sleep? My speakers usually don't work and microphone will cut out until reboot after waking up. Does voodooHDA work better or is there a fix available?

Known problem, unfortunately. For now, you could use CodecCommander (there's an older post of mine on this). I have extracted the codec verbs for our laptop and wanted to experiment a bit with it, but then started having problems with the USB-C port and have been focusing on fixing that instead for the past week...

Anyway, I may have some news on that later this week.

I have experimenting with your EFI and I keep getting a kernel panic. It says generation from smc at status 1. Currently running Catalina. Unsure why, but is seems to happen after the IoFlags 0x3 line. Any help would greatly be appreciatedView attachment 460901
Have you changed DVMT-prealloc to 64MB in BIOS? You will need an unlocked BIOS to do that as explained in the first post.

I have experimenting with your EFI and I keep getting a kernel panic. It says generation from smc at status 1. Currently running Catalina. Unsure why, but is seems to happen after the IoFlags 0x3 line. Any help would greatly be appreciatedView attachment 460901
What have you changed in efi?
Also what are your bios settings?

Hello everyone!

I'm making a slight come back. With quarantine and all, I have plenty of extra time and well....The below screenshot happened tonight. Expect an updated guide and needed files soon. It's really not that much different than this guide though, just a few updates.

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 9.18.52 PM.png

Hello everyone!

I'm making a slight come back. With quarantine and all, I have plenty of extra time and well....The below screenshot happened tonight. Expect an updated guide and needed files soon. It's really not that much different than this guide though, just a few updates.

View attachment 461520

Nice, good to have you back. There has been a lot of improvements on this laptop hackintosh, you may want to go trough the pages and build up on top of that. Almost all of the improvements I dig up while working on OpenCore apply to Clover as well, so you can update this Clover guide with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back