Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this laptop running on OpenCore now!!!
Will soon be creating a guide!
And also, while I was learning how to do it via OC, I learned a lot in terms of vanilla macos install, thanks to the hackintosh community, so I have a revamped version of Clover config too, which does ir right, without unnecessary and deprecated stuff(going to be a guide as well).

Sounds awesome! Did you notice any difference using OC?

Sounds awesome! Did you notice any difference using OC?
It does boot faster, I'd say 1.3x times.
I have only 3 drivers in drivers folder, and that's with FileVault support.
Also a bit less of graphics related glitches I'd say (may be a placebo though).
I'll have to run it fully setup though, on daily basis for some time to report more. Right now I'm still working on some things like extracting battery patch to SSDT + hot patch etc.

But there's more improments on general side of things.I got the native NVRAM working thanks to SSDT-PMC, etc.etc.etc. :D

Last edited:
I've updated to Catalina trough App Store, without any patched BT kexts etc. Sleep works fine. The transition between desktops is about 3 times more smooth for me, the is like a wow-effect, not laggy at all!

Bt doesn't work at all.
Also wifi is a bit slow connecting etc.

Clover 5070
Brother, could you please send me your EFI zip,I have update to Catalina too, except touchpad other thing runs correctly

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.5 MB · Views: 98
I have this laptop running on OpenCore now!!!
Will soon be creating a guide!
And also, while I was learning how to do it via OC, I learned a lot in terms of vanilla macos install, thanks to the hackintosh community, so I have a revamped version of Clover config too, which does ir right, without unnecessary and deprecated stuff(going to be a guide as well).
Looking forward to the complete Guide. :)

I just followed this guide on my RB15 2018 w/ 1060 with 10.14.6 and everything is working except sleep. I followed every step in the guide but it will not wake up from sleep and eventually just reboots after black screen. Any ideas?

I just followed this guide on my RB15 2018 w/ 1060 with 10.14.6 and everything is working except sleep. I followed every step in the guide but it will not wake up from sleep and eventually just reboots after black screen. Any ideas?

Sounds like your NVRAM isn’t working, make sure that you tick “Install RC scripts on target volume” when installing Clover and pair it with the EmuVariableUefi(.efi) driver.

Is there a way to do this without wiping out my clover install? I know I can install that driver using clover configurator, is there an easy way to add the RC scripts and keep everything else?

Is there a way to do this without wiping out my clover install? I know I can install that driver using clover configurator, is there an easy way to add the RC scripts and keep everything else?
Just re-run the Clover installer, it shouldn’t wipe anything (but keep a backup of your EFI folder anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back