Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am stuck on the step of setting the System Agent Configuration to [USER] in AMIBCP. Whenever I go to save the file, it says "error occurred in BIOS rebuild (#0000D00D). Does anyone know why this is happening?
Hi @SimplyNick, would you mind telling me what your BIOS, EC, and MCU FW versions are? Make sure they are up to date. Also note, if you are following Stonevil's guide, you will have a different versions from that guide so go to Razer Blade site and find your BIOS/Firmware upgrades if you have not done so yet.

If that does not work, try to use a more up to date version of AFUWINGUI. I do know that I used the version that Stonevil provided and it works just fine for me. https://github.com/stonevil/Razer_Blade_Advanced_early_2019_Hackintosh

Also, make sure to run the program as Admin. Let us know if this helps. GL

Anyone tried OpenCore instead of Clover on this laptop?

Haven't tried myself but I think it's interesting. Although if you boot Windows through OpenCore as well it gets all the DSDT patches too. So Razer Synapse might not work and also the dGPU because we disable it. But I didn't dive into OpenCore yet so there might be ways around that.

Hi @SimplyNick, would you mind telling me what your BIOS, EC, and MCU FW versions are? Make sure they are up to date. Also note, if you are following Stonevil's guide, you will have a different versions from that guide so go to Razer Blade site and find your BIOS/Firmware upgrades if you have not done so yet.

If that does not work, try to use a more up to date version of AFUWINGUI. I do know that I used the version that Stonevil provided and it works just fine for me. https://github.com/stonevil/Razer_Blade_Advanced_early_2019_Hackintosh

Also, make sure to run the program as Admin. Let us know if this helps. GL

I am using the most up-to-date BIOS available for my Blade. The BIOS version is 1.08 and the EC version is 1.02. Both of these are up-to-date.

Attachments

• Bios Error.png
    Bios Error.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 143
Thanks this worked for updating my blade 15 gtx 1070 but now my trackpad doesnt work. I've tried everything including repatching my DSDT (did the DSDT dump also)

Anyone know what it could be?

Just wanted to give an update on why my trackpad stopped working. After hours and hours of troubleshooting, moving kexts around from l/e, etc it ended up being the version of clover I was on. I reverted back to the clover version 2.4 r4701 (on r3habman's github) and viola it worked! The latest version I was using I think 5108? Everything was working except the trackpad.

Haven't tried myself but I think it's interesting. Although if you boot Windows through OpenCore as well it gets all the DSDT patches too. So Razer Synapse might not work and also the dGPU because we disable it. But I didn't dive into OpenCore yet so there might be ways around that.
https://github.com/n-d-k/OpenCorePkg this can solve dsdt thing on windows.
Please let know if you need any help on going with OpenCore, I'm really interested in it, but it seems way too hard to handle it on my own, can help though.

https://github.com/n-d-k/OpenCorePkg this can solve dsdt thing on windows.
Please let know if you need any help on going with OpenCore, I'm really interested in it, but it seems way too hard to handle it on my own, can help though.

Very interesting, but I don't have the time to play with it at the moment unfortunately. But I'll keep it in mind.

Thank you for sharing your experience.I have a ThinkPad with 1050ti,but I can't drive it.Could you backup your vbios of 1050ti using GPUZ and share it with me. Thank you very much.

I have a question as to why the screen shows itself at 30 inches when its really 15 would this help change the way it scales systemwide?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 12.45.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 12.45.28 PM.png
    204.7 KB · Views: 116
I have this laptop running on OpenCore now!!!
Will soon be creating a guide!
And also, while I was learning how to do it via OC, I learned a lot in terms of vanilla macos install, thanks to the hackintosh community, so I have a revamped version of Clover config too, which does ir right, without unnecessary and deprecated stuff(going to be a guide as well).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back