Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured out that my Blade advance 18 model crashes when no HDMI is connected. Just in Windows and Linux, but it's quit annoying not being able to use all the operating systems on the move. Did anybody experience the same? Is it maybe Bios related, I have the 1.07 installed.

Edit: BIOS upgrade and reflashing didn't change a thing sadly:(

Last edited:
Sorry lads. You need to wait. I'm temporary without RBA so I cannot pursue with fixes. Hope in next 2w I will get new RBA and will continue with audio issue. In few days I will post updates for display. This part is simple and I can do this from memory

Hey stonevil, any update on this? I am having ridiculous battery drain after waking from sleep.

I'm having trouble installing the latest security update. I started the update process and then tried booting from the "Install macos" partition but it just won't start.

So far I tried booting safe mode but that just brings me to the desktop. I've also replaced Virtualsmc with fakesmc, same results. Did you guys have any problems updating?

Attachments

• IMG_20200125_000216.jpg
    IMG_20200125_000216.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 49
  • debug_7113.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I'm having trouble installing the latest security update. I started the update process and then tried booting from the "Install macos" partition but it just won't start.

So far I tried booting safe mode but that just brings me to the desktop. I've also replaced Virtualsmc with fakesmc, same results. Did you guys have any problems updating?

From another mac, try updating your kexts and go again. You can use Kext Updater to scan the folders with your kexts and it will download the latest onto your desktop.

From another mac, try updating your kexts and go again. You can use Kext Updater to scan the folders with your kexts and it will download the latest onto your desktop.

I've updated everything, same result unfortunately. I can still boot my main install, I just can't boot the update (the seperate "Install macOS" clover entry).

Just a headsup if you want to update the BrcmPatchRam kexts: You now also need to install BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext.

I'll try to redownload the update.

Edit: I had to put Lilu and Whatevergreen in clover/kexts/other and it worked!

Edit2: If you want to update to the latest BrcmPatchRam kexts and use the DW1560 you'll need to use these three kexts now: BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext. So far these are woking stable for me.

Also the backlight settings seem to persist between boots now. I'm not sure which kext it was that brought that functionality but I recommend using KextUpdater like @Armastus suggested and update everything.

Last edited:
Anyone tried OpenCore instead of Clover on this laptop?

I've updated everything, same result unfortunately. I can still boot my main install, I just can't boot the update (the seperate "Install macOS" clover entry).

Just a headsup if you want to update the BrcmPatchRam kexts: You now also need to install BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext.

I'll try to redownload the update.

Edit: I had to put Lilu and Whatevergreen in clover/kexts/other and it worked!

Edit2: If you want to update to the latest BrcmPatchRam kexts and use the DW1560 you'll need to use these three kexts now: BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext. So far these are woking stable for me.

Also the backlight settings seem to persist between boots now. I'm not sure which kext it was that brought that functionality but I recommend using KextUpdater like @Armastus suggested and update everything.

Thanks this worked for updating my blade 15 gtx 1070 but now my trackpad doesnt work. I've tried everything including repatching my DSDT (did the DSDT dump also)

Anyone know what it could be?

Anyone tried OpenCore instead of Clover on this laptop?
I’ve wanted too. I’m ordering an external hard drive and may try with OpenCore.

Thanks this worked for updating my blade 15 gtx 1070 but now my trackpad doesnt work. I've tried everything including repatching my DSDT (did the DSDT dump also)

Anyone know what it could be?
Sorry, so to clarify did you repatch your GPIO pinning via Stonevil’s Hackintosh guide?
If not, give that a try first and then can you attach your EFI and L/E. Thanks!

I am stuck on the step of setting the System Agent Configuration to [USER] in AMIBCP. Whenever I go to save the file, it says "error occurred in BIOS rebuild (#0000D00D). Does anyone know why this is happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back