Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everyone, another question I have searched for online but have not found what I am looking for, maybe someone can either explain to me why it can't work or just anything to help me, but here it goes:

for the nvidia GPU (1060 in my case) I know in the guide it said you can only use it when you have an external monitor plugged in. Does this mean that I can't use it for any rendering process UNLESS I have an external monitor in? or will it still be able to work (as in rendering scenes through something like c4d, or adobe media encoder) even if I am not plugged into an external, just not the graphics end of it. I don't know if I am making much sense but any help would be amazing!(you can probably see why I have had a hard time googling my question lol ) Also if it doesn't work unless I am on an external monitor, is there anyway to get its rendering power to work while just using the native laptop screen.

Thanks in advance and thank you to all the OG's that have put this guide together and have helped me and everyone here, y'all rule!

hey everyone, another question I have searched for online but have not found what I am looking for, maybe someone can either explain to me why it can't work or just anything to help me, but here it goes:

for the nvidia GPU (1060 in my case) I know in the guide it said you can only use it when you have an external monitor plugged in. Does this mean that I can't use it for any rendering process UNLESS I have an external monitor in? or will it still be able to work (as in rendering scenes through something like c4d, or adobe media encoder) even if I am not plugged into an external, just not the graphics end of it. I don't know if I am making much sense but any help would be amazing!(you can probably see why I have had a hard time googling my question lol ) Also if it doesn't work unless I am on an external monitor, is there anyway to get its rendering power to work while just using the native laptop screen.

Thanks in advance and thank you to all the OG's that have put this guide together and have helped me and everyone here, y'all rule!
Will not work unless hooked in.

Alright...I seem to be having a few problems. The first one being kinda annoying but me being a noob, idk if it actually is having any effect on the computer itself, but the only way for me to boot into os is by booting it in verbose.

The second problem is that I have enabled by graphics card and it shows up in the system report, but when I try n use photoshop on my 4k LG monitor, it's SOOOO laggy. When I bring photoshop down to the built in display, it works just fine.

Also, in the photoshop preferences, the GPU doesn't show up in the performance graphics settings. I can see it in system reports, but I don't think I am actually using it at all.

Lastly, what boot args am I supposed to have? Like I said before, I cant boot unless I do it in verbose. If I don't, the progress bar just gets to full and then it never actually boots up fully.

This has been such a pain in my side, so again, thank you in advance and lmk if you need anything from me to help

Hello, im having trouble installing mac os x. It saying that this version of mac os x is not supported. I followed every step in this guide but used a different downloader to get a copy of 10.13.6 High Sierra.

EDIT:

Downloader i used to get the copy of High Sierra: https://github.com/corpnewt/gibMacOS

Hello, im having trouble installing mac os x. It saying that this version of mac os x is not supported. I followed every step in this guide but used a different downloader to get a copy of 10.13.6 High Sierra.

EDIT:

Downloader i used to get the copy of High Sierra: https://github.com/corpnewt/gibMacOS

I had the same problem and used https://github.com/munki/macadmin-scripts to get the proper OS. The way I had to do it tho is set up a virtual machine. I think I used something like VMfusion or something like that. You need a few GB of space open on your drive and its slow as hell, but I got to download the correct one. Then you just open up sharing and transfer it onto your physical computer and make the bootloader with unibeast like normal, just make sure you clear out all the other OS versions in your applications folder before you put the one from the VM in there

I had the same problem and used https://github.com/munki/macadmin-scripts to get the proper OS. The way I had to do it tho is set up a virtual machine. I think I used something like VMfusion or something like that. You need a few GB of space open on your drive and its slow as hell, but I got to download the correct one. Then you just open up sharing and transfer it onto your physical computer and make the bootloader with unibeast like normal, just make sure you clear out all the other OS versions in your applications folder before you put the one from the VM in there

Ah okay, ill see if that works. Were you able to grab the 17G2208 build? Because when i use the script, its only letting me download 17G..66 which is the one i dont want

For anyone that needs build 17G2208, you can use gibMacOS and run the script. Press m at the main menu and type in 10.13 and you should see the build number is the 7th (what i saw on my screen). Then run $ ./BuildmacOSInstallApp.command to build the installer app and drag to applications. You can use unibeast or use the terminal to create the bootable usb.

EDIT:

Terminal Command for High Sierra Bootable USB:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume

Change my volumes to name of usb

Last edited:
I have used Stonevil's guide and everything seems to be working fine. I now have Windows/OSX Razer blade advanced. I'm still waiting for an DW1830 to arrive for Wifi and BT. Currently I am using a USB ethernet dongle and that works perfectly fine for internet. Although it does have the EN0 system id I can't seem to get Facetime and iMessage to work. I have followed the guides without success. So I'm assuming it's the USB ethernet card. Is there something else I might be missing using Stonevil's guide.

Also is there a preferred way to update Kext (Clover Config) or is best to leave things along. Thanks in advanced.

Just to let you guys know, williambj1 found a way to enable the trackpad on the base 2018 and advanced 2019 model (ELAN0406). Just tried it and it's working for me!

This is the link:

Basically what you need is to edit your DSDT:

1. Find your trackpad in your DSDT (mine is TPD0) and note the name in the Scope above it. For me it's _SB.PCI0.I2C0.
2. Search for the method named SSCN and make sure the Scope is identical to your trackpad device (e.g. I2C0).
3. CUT methods SSCN and FMCN (should be right below SSCN).
4. Go back to your trackpad device (TPD0) and paste both methods just below the _INI method outside your Device block but inside of the Scope (make sure Scope and Device are identical e.g. I2C0 and TPD0).
5. Reboot, enjoy!

The cursor is a little jumpy and unresponsive at times unfortunately, but it's working.

Edit: slight correction of where to insert the new methods..

Hello,

Could you please share me your EFI folder ?
I can’t get the trackpad working for the 2018 base model.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back