Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put in my Sabrent Rocket 2tb NVME in and did a full reinstall. It's running like a dream now. Here are some things Ive noticed.

- The instructions call for the kexts to do put in L/E but it works 100% ok in the clover/kexts/other
- I've added fakesmc.kext with the acpisensors, cpusensors to show package cpu temps in istats menu
- If you ever had an issue with Nvidia web drivers is stuck in default macOS driver and not using the web driver make sure you have the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in your Clover/drivers64UEFI directory
- The 1070 Max-Q Nvidia Card accelerates the laptop screen, if you have an external monitor plugged in AND set the primary display as the external monitor. I've tested this in Unigine Valley and dragging the window around I still get 60fps while the intel HD gets 6-10fps.

Issues:
- My cpu power limits at 25W. If you see the post above I've somewhat fixed it. But the CPU fan curve remains on "balanced" (synapse in windows 10) the fans don't ramp up to full speed to compensate the increased heat. This is not a problem in windows 10
- When I would shutdown or restart it would just hang with the status light blinking on the bottom of the laptop where I would force to just shut it down.

Wondering if anyone's running Catalina here on their builds? Side-car is amazing :p

I put in my Sabrent Rocket 2tb NVME in and did a full reinstall. It's running like a dream now. Here are some things Ive noticed.

- The instructions call for the kexts to do put in L/E but it works 100% ok in the clover/kexts/other
- I've added fakesmc.kext with the acpisensors, cpusensors to show package cpu temps in istats menu
- If you ever had an issue with Nvidia web drivers is stuck in default macOS driver and not using the web driver make sure you have the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in your Clover/drivers64UEFI directory
- The 1070 Max-Q Nvidia Card accelerates the laptop screen, if you have an external monitor plugged in AND set the primary display as the external monitor. I've tested this in Unigine Valley and dragging the window around I still get 60fps while the intel HD gets 6-10fps.

Issues:
- My cpu power limits at 25W. If you see the post above I've somewhat fixed it. But the CPU fan curve remains on "balanced" (synapse in windows 10) the fans don't ramp up to full speed to compensate the increased heat. This is not a problem in windows 10
- When I would shutdown or restart it would just hang with the status light blinking on the bottom of the laptop where I would force to just shut it down.
whats about power management with this SSD?

I'm newbie. My Razer is advance model. Bios ver 1.08.
Not have battery status and touchpad can't touch.
Any body have same problem with me ? Thanks so much.

Hi, thank you for the tutorial and I appreciate the amount of work that you have put in.
I have the exact model of RB (I have 970evo Pro) than yours however I ran into some problems
I had used 17G65 for initial installation because I cannot get a copy of 17G2208 on my MacBook Pro 2016 for some reason.
Then I used EFI mounter to mount EFI and copied thte CLOVER folder I downloaded from here.
but I got "this version of mac os x is not supportted on this platform" error.
Any ideas or help will be appreciated.
thank you again

Attachments

• IMG_0551.JPG
    IMG_0551.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 79
@stonevil Hey man any chance you could update the github repo with the fix for display and audio?

@stonevil Just wanted to say thanks for following through still with your guide and keeping it to perfection. I don't think I have ever had such a stable and functional hackintosh setup ever for a laptop.

You welcome. But knowledge itself is a community effort.

@stonevil Hey man any chance you could update the github repo with the fix for display and audio?

Sorry lads. You need to wait. I'm temporary without RBA so I cannot pursue with fixes. Hope in next 2w I will get new RBA and will continue with audio issue. In few days I will post updates for display. This part is simple and I can do this from memory

Question for everyone here. Which kexts should I use to enable cpu temps, and other temp sensors. FakeSMC or VirtualSMC?

Question for everyone here. Which kexts should I use to enable cpu temps, and other temp sensors. FakeSMC or VirtualSMC?
Fake has more sensor support, but Virtual has CPU sensors too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back