Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome guide, tried it and everything worked fine except for the battery, for that I used stonevil's github guide. I have this exact model, the 2018 model and not the 2019. I was wondering if anyone knows why sleep won't work, I am not able to put the laptop at sleep or close the lid because when I do it only wakes up with a black screen, the keys light up but the screen is black with the backlight on. Sometime I can see the cursor but then it will either start spinning or it will just go away until I restart the laptop. Any suggestions?

Awesome guide, tried it and everything worked fine except for the battery, for that I used stonevil's github guide. I have this exact model, the 2018 model and not the 2019. I was wondering if anyone knows why sleep won't work, I am not able to put the laptop at sleep or close the lid because when I do it only wakes up with a black screen, the keys light up but the screen is black with the backlight on. Sometime I can see the cursor but then it will either start spinning or it will just go away until I restart the laptop. Any suggestions?

This is a known issue. If you close the lid again and re-open, the screen should display normally. PITA, for sure, but not a show stopper IMO.

This is a known issue. If you close the lid again and re-open, the screen should display normally. PITA, for sure, but not a show stopper IMO.
I see, well no matter how many times I open or close the lid it never comes back. Sometimes it will display my desktop but I can only move the cursor around and everything else is frozen. Also this started happening this morning but my headphone jack breaks after about 30-40 seconds of booting into Mac OS. Idk if anyone has experienced this or what could be causing it. I used an back up of my EFI that I made last night when it was working and it still breaks on boot. Any ideas for the lid or jack issue?

Wow! So far so good on my side. Thank you so much for this!
I spoke too soon. Now on one machine I have no bluetooth in macos or windows! And thats on the dw1560 card that was previously working with no issues. This is a real head scratcher :banghead:

I've no problems with dw1560 in Windows or Linux. It may be just you bought the one with issues ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also have no issues.

I spoke too soon. Now on one machine I have no bluetooth in macos or windows! And thats on the dw1560 card that was previously working with no issues. This is a real head scratcher :banghead:

How it happened?

I also have a problem with a dw1560...
I reinstall a proper mojave setup with your awesome guide @stonevil and I have the same problem as with the guide from this thread.If I use the SSDT patch to disable nvidia, the blade freeze 10sc after login (or before if I'm slow).
In Windows I have the same kind of random freeze. After a few test I identified that it's the dw1560 that causes problem.
When it's disable in mac OS i can boot and everything is fine, no nvidia graphics, patch is applied, no problem.
As soon as the card is on, it freezes.

I think I don't have the motivation to find a solution so I may switch the wifi card for the other one you propose in the guide. I see that it needs 3 antennas, does it mean that we have to manually add one ?

I also have a problem with a dw1560...
I reinstall a proper mojave setup with your awesome guide @stonevil and I have the same problem as with the guide from this thread.If I use the SSDT patch to disable nvidia, the blade freeze 10sc after login (or before if I'm slow).
In Windows I have the same kind of random freeze. After a few test I identified that it's the dw1560 that causes problem.
When it's disable in mac OS i can boot and everything is fine, no nvidia graphics, patch is applied, no problem.
As soon as the card is on, it freezes.

I think I don't have the motivation to find a solution so I may switch the wifi card for the other one you propose in the guide. I see that it needs 3 antennas, does it mean that we have to manually add one ?

No idea about the third antenna, but it sounds like your DW1560 is just defective. Mine works in macOS and Windows without problems.

It sounds possible, I used it in an old build...I will try a new one maybe.
The solution is for now to switch to IGPX in bios to only have intel uhd in osx ;)

@stonevil , @vettz500 Can you share system report for your Graphics/Display? For some reason my mac thinks my display is connected projector. Connection Type coming as DisplayPort as well. Does this look correct?

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 1.45.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 1.46.08 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back