Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I'm new to hackintosh. Will this work with mid 2019 base model?
Unlocking the bios is same for my model?
I understand it has same chipset and graphics.
Also I will be using spare 2.5 sata slot with Seagate sshd. Thank you for any answer.

Hey @stonevil @vettz500 I uploaded my problem reporting files. I for the life of me am not able to patch the DSDT.aml and SSDT10 file properly and my trackpad doesn't work. Would really appreciate if someone could help me out here. I have the 2018 Advanced Blade 15.

P.S are the steps to get the trackpad working complete on the main post of this thread? I am confused if I should completely follow @stonevil instructions for DSDT.aml and SSDT as I have the 2018 Razer Blade.

I also noticed that @stonevil has additional files under the patched folder such as the SSDT-ALC298, SSDT-ALS0, etc. Can I use it directly? or do I even need them as I do not see any instructions to create them for my laptop.

Attachments

• debug_27945.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Hey guys I fixed my issue above by patching the DSDT again. I am now trying to understand why my Mac thinks my display is connected through Display Port.

Hi everyone, I'm new to hackintosh. Will this work with mid 2019 base model?
Unlocking the bios is same for my model?
I understand it has same chipset and graphics.
Also I will be using spare 2.5 sata slot with Seagate sshd. Thank you for any answer.

Checkout @stonevil's github repo

Hi! I've followed the guide by both vetts and stonevil. I have everything working but sound. Track pad was working without patching DSDT and now it doesn't work after the patch.
Which code line was for track pad? I shall remove that. Also what makes the sounds work? Is it the drivers or kexts is ACPI? Any help is much appreciated.

Hi again! after many reinstalls and reading the guide over and over again, I have a fully working hackintosh!
Only one problem though, first few times the bluetooth was working and now its not working.
I have the recommended wifi/bluetooth module installed and wifi working all fine. What could be it? many thanks.

If anyone is getting the error while formatting their SSD: "Media Kit reports not enough space on device for requested operation error", make sure in View (top left under red close button) has selected "Show All Devices" (instead of "Show Only Volumes"). Then you should select the SSD rather than the volume.

Hi!I find a way to use macOS on SSD(pm981) in blade!
Now everything is OK except trackpad.

All you have to do is use another disk to install macOS first(even you can install in usb drive! I installed in my 32G Sandisk USB drive)and you can go yo the desktop of macOS.I spent 1.5 hours to install because of low speed of USB drive.

when you can get in desktop, shudown and boot Windows.Use DiskGenius to backup the part of macOS to your ssd and create a new part to restore it.(SSD is really fast, the backup and restore only take a few minutes).

And then put 2 nvme patch files in your EFI-Clover, you can boot macOS in your pm981SSD like other SSD!

That's all I do to pm981(when I buy this expensive laptop I don't have any money to buy a new SSD lol)and it's really work.If you don't want to change SSD but still want a hackintosh, you can have a try.

And I don't know what happen to my trackpad,it's really strange.Can anyone help me?

Can you elaborate on how you managed to get Mac OS on PM981?

Have anyone tried new kexts and/or Catalina public beta, did they fix the audio issue?
@Mr.Crab I think @stonevil fixed the Audio not working when booted on battery on his github guide for the 2019 advanced. Idk about how it is done but you could take a look and see if it works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back