Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the guide is good. Shame the mid 2019 is different. It’s held up at no trackpad no audio and eats a battery alive still. Otherwise its working pretty well.

mid 2019 have different audio and trackpad compare to early 2019?

I managed to fix my issue by removing all the kext I installed and replacing with the kexts in @stonevil's GitHub guide. I have always thought that you should always install latest kexts but it looks like this is not the case.

@konohasaint what guide were you following re: touchpad fix? I had originally used this guide's DSDT patching instructions but it did not work. I used @stonevil's instead which worked fine for me. If you backtrack on this post (I think page 5) there was a solution provided for audio not working. battery should be addressed by native power management.

@NONITS thanks Ill look into page 5 but we have different blades. I know there are differences between the 2018 and 19 and it seems also the mid 19 vs early. I am trying to track that down with @stonevil helping which I greatly appreciate.

@stonevil Im not sure what is in the early 19 as I returned mine and kept the mid.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    6 KB · Views: 63
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    10 KB · Views: 63
I managed to fix my issue by removing all the kext I installed and replacing with the kexts in @stonevil's GitHub guide. I have always thought that you should always install latest kexts but it looks like this is not the case.

@konohasaint what guide were you following re: touchpad fix? I had originally used this guide's DSDT patching instructions but it did not work. I used @stonevil's instead which worked fine for me. If you backtrack on this post (I think page 5) there was a solution provided for audio not working. battery should be addressed by native power management.

I'm using very latest stable version mostly compiled by myself. Enforcing latest stable SDK, etc.

@NONITS thanks Ill look into page 5 but we have different blades. I know there are differences between the 2018 and 19 and it seems also the mid 19 vs early. I am trying to track that down with @stonevil helping which I greatly appreciate.

@stonevil Im not sure what is in the early 19 as I returned mine and kept the mid.

Please share debug archive. I will take a look tomorrow.

actually something strange just happened. I installed karabiner and I noticed that audio stopped working. After a few troubleshooting steps I figured that:

Audio only works after I change the layout ID to 29 and reboot. However if I restart again I will lose audio. So to get audio working I need to change the layout audio to 29 manually, save the plist then restart.

Any ideas why?

I installed macOS Mojave, and everything works except my trackpad. I've tried multiple different fixes mentioned in this thread. Any ideas? I've got the 2018 Advanced Model.

@squeegiefilms read the last 70 or so pages. Pretty sure your fix is in there. Maybe in the first 15 or so.

If not try the guide mentioned on 68

actually something strange just happened. I installed karabiner and I noticed that audio stopped working. After a few troubleshooting steps I figured that:

Audio only works after I change the layout ID to 29 and reboot. However if I restart again I will lose audio. So to get audio working I need to change the layout audio to 29 manually, save the plist then restart.

Any ideas why?

Check my config.plist

@squeegiefilms read the last 70 or so pages. Pretty sure your fix is in there. Maybe in the first 15 or so.

If not try the guide mentioned on 68
Been trying all day, can’t figure it out man. What’s the problem with Mojave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back