Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have anyone tried new kexts and/or Catalina public beta, did they fix the audio issue?
I currently am dual booting Mojave and the Catalina beta. I had to build Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AirportBrcmFixup(1.1.9 causes a kernel panic) kexts from github. I also had to update my clover to revision 4973 to boot. I also had to add FakePCIID, and BroadcomWiFiInjector to make wifi work again, but that breaks Bluetooth.

I highly recommend that if you choose to live dangerously to create a second APFS volume and dual boot. Catalina is very slow and I've had a few problems with applications.

Edit (6/27/19): After updating AppleALC from github, adding BrcmBluetoothInjector, updating BrcmPatchRam2 and BrcmFirewareRepo. I also updated NoTouchID. I fixed my Bluetooth, Audio(Still doesn't work if booted on battery) issue on Catalina. I previously switched to VirtualSMC since I have having issues with FakeSMC on Mojave. I switched back to FakeSMC which fixed the kernel panic I was getting on shutdown.

Last edited:
@stonevil here is bios 1.0 AND 1.2 for the MID 2019 RBA 2070

Attachments

• MID 2019 1.0.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 175
  • MID 2019 1.2.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 215
Last edited:
For some reason the bootable USB I made using clover is not showing on my boot menu :/

Edit : Fixed it.

Last edited:
so in the mid 2019 bios, even after the changes the additional modifications like vt-d cant be seen in bios.

Last edited:
@stonevil definitely a few other issues in the guide.

Guide mentions:

In Patch window on left panel scroll and find [gfx0] Disable from _INI (DSDT) and click Apply. Do not close window!

Options listed are [gfx0] Disable from _REG (DSDT) which shows as an applicable options
or [gfx0] Disable from _INI (SSDT) which does not show as applicable

your option seems to combine the two which isn't there.

NEXT

• Click Compile button in toolbar. DSDT should complied without any issues.
  • Choose Save As… from File menu.
  • Down below in Save window select ACPI Machine Language Binary from File Format: menu. save as what exactly? because in the next line below it says to copy the newly created SSDT to the location listed. According to the instructions we were working on DSDT not SSDT so was there a rename needed?

• if not where did SSDT get created? perhaps from origin? not specified.
  • Copy newly created file SSDT-12-OptTabl.aml to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
  • Does DSDT need to move to patched as well because that isn't mentioned either.
Next step is hot patch ACPI to disable Nvidia GPU in macOS for save battery and decrease overall heat.
Nvidia GPU disable
  • Open SSDT-12-OptTabl.dsl with MaciASL application.
  • Find this header

• Find this line of code

• Above this code, paste this line of code

Last edited:
Hi Guys so I have successfully been able to fix a lot of things and am at the final stretch. I was hoping If I could get help with Audio

1. My Speakers work but headphones do not.
2. Brightness is very jerky. Is everyone's brightness control like that? Shouldn't changing brightness be smoother.

Attached ioreg and debug file

Attachments

• debug_7817.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 188
  • MacBook Pro.ioreg
    11.9 MB · Views: 154
Last edited:
so in the mid 2019 bios, even after the changes the additional modifications like vt-d cant be seen in bios.

Sorry, I can't check this or verify.

@stonevil definitely a few other issues in the guide.

Guide mentions:

In Patch window on left panel scroll and find [gfx0] Disable from _INI (DSDT) and click Apply. Do not close window!

Options listed are [gfx0] Disable from _REG (DSDT) which shows as an applicable options
or [gfx0] Disable from _INI (SSDT) which does not show as applicable

your option seems to combine the two which isn't there.

NEXT

• Click Compile button in toolbar. DSDT should complied without any issues.
  • Choose Save As… from File menu.
  • Down below in Save window select ACPI Machine Language Binary from File Format: menu. save as what exactly? because in the next line below it says to copy the newly created SSDT to the location listed. According to the instructions we were working on DSDT not SSDT so was there a rename needed?

• if not where did SSDT get created? perhaps from origin? not specified.
  • Copy newly created file SSDT-12-OptTabl.aml to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
  • Does DSDT need to move to patched as well because that isn't mentioned either.
Next step is hot patch ACPI to disable Nvidia GPU in macOS for save battery and decrease overall heat.
Nvidia GPU disable
  • Open SSDT-12-OptTabl.dsl with MaciASL application.
  • Find this header

• Find this line of code

• Above this code, paste this line of code

Hmm. I will check.
And I believe is better to use Github issues for this.

Hi Guys so I have successfully been able to fix a lot of things and am at the final stretch. I was hoping If I could get help with Audio

1. My Speakers work but headphones do not.
2. Brightness is very jerky. Is everyone's brightness control like that? Shouldn't changing brightness be smoother.

Attached ioreg and debug file

Anyone here that can help me with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back