Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!I find a way to use macOS on SSD(pm981) in blade!
Now everything is OK except trackpad.

All you have to do is use another disk to install macOS first(even you can install in usb drive! I installed in my 32G Sandisk USB drive)and you can go yo the desktop of macOS.I spent 1.5 hours to install because of low speed of USB drive.

when you can get in desktop, shudown and boot Windows.Use DiskGenius to backup the part of macOS to your ssd and create a new part to restore it.(SSD is really fast, the backup and restore only take a few minutes).

And then put 2 nvme patch files in your EFI-Clover, you can boot macOS in your pm981SSD like other SSD!

That's all I do to pm981(when I buy this expensive laptop I don't have any money to buy a new SSD lol)and it's really work.If you don't want to change SSD but still want a hackintosh, you can have a try.

And I don't know what happen to my trackpad,it's really strange.Can anyone help me?

Did you tried to update NVMe Firmware with Lenovo NVMe Firmware Update Utility ? Thanks.

Hey man I tried to do that but the SSD EXA7301Q firmware can't be upgraded to anything in that software. Do you happen to know a way to update it to a newer firmware?
Hey man I tried to do that but the SSD EXA7301Q firmware can't be upgraded to anything in that software. Do you happen to know a way to update it to a newer firmware?

Not yet. Waiting for external USB-C to NVMe box to test. Too lazy to unscrew RBA again.

@stonevil not a problem! btw, thanks for the guide on github. I have the advanced 2018 model, besides the bios patch being different is there something else that i need to follow or I could use your guide for it as well?

@stonevil not a problem! btw, thanks for the guide on github. I have the advanced 2018 model, besides the bios patch being different is there something else that i need to follow or I could use your guide for it as well?

Thanks.
Major difference is trackpad. Trackpad on RBA 2018 much easier to fix/enable. Everything should be compatible. Even BIOS if you patch manually. If you have a time you can update and dump BIOS with Tools/AMI/ and I will prepare patched BIOS and will add to repository.

Thanks.
Major difference is trackpad. Trackpad on RBA 2018 much easier to fix/enable. Everything should be compatible. Even BIOS if you patch manually. If you have a time you can update and dump BIOS with Tools/AMI/ and I will prepare patched BIOS and will add to repository.

@stonevil I used the tool to dump the BIOS, would really appreciate it if you could patch the BIOS

My EC is 1.03 and BIOS is 1.07, got the updated ones directly from razer chat support.

@stonevil I used the tool to dump the BIOS, would really appreciate it if you could patch the BIOS

My EC is 1.03 and BIOS is 1.07, got the updated ones directly from razer chat support.

Added modded BIOS version. I cannot test. So try for your own risk.

Have anyone tried new kexts and/or Catalina public beta, did they fix the audio issue?

@stonevil thanks man! -- can I use the same EFI folder as yours in the github or it has to be different?

I am trying to see if @suyukai method actually works and have finally installed Mojave on a pen drive using my friend's mac. I am trying to figure out how to go from here. He mentioned DiskGenius but I am not sure how to go from there.

@stonevil thanks man! -- can I use the same EFI folder as yours in the github or it has to be different?

I am trying to see if @suyukai method actually works and have finally installed Mojave on a pen drive using my friend's mac. I am trying to figure out how to go from here. He mentioned DiskGenius but I am not sure how to go from there.

DSDT.aml
SSDT-12-OptTabl.aml

is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back