Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, delete those kexts from Clover folder and install them in /Library/Extensions/ like this(assuming they're on your Desktop):

sudo cp -r ~/Desktop/*kext /Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -i /

Then reboot, if this does not solve the problem, delete patched SSDT from Clover patched folder, then reboot and see again. I have cases when applying SSDT patch for trackpad from the original guide trackpad didn't work, but without any - it did. If that's the case, and trackpad works after reboot with no SSDT patches - patch your SSDT for battery & apply patches for trackpad interruptions support(this will make it work better indeed), but you'll have to find them somewhere on this thread within last few pages.
Oh all the Gesture operations work!
Thanks a lot!!
But I must press on trackpad to use click.In Windows I can tap trackpad to click.Is there any option to use tap to click in macOS?

Oh all the Gesture operations work!
Thanks a lot!!
But I must press on trackpad to use click.In Windows I can tap trackpad to click.Is there any option to use tap to click in macOS?
Have you did what I said?
Yes there's an option to do so, you can configure all you want in Settings/touchpad

Have you did what I said?
Yes there's an option to do so, you can configure all you want in Settings/touchpad
My trackpad is OK now.Thank you!There is only a strange thing :
I need to reboot two or three times to get into the system. The system can only be entered when the Apple logo is flashing while reading the progress bar. If the progress bar is completed but not flashing, it will not be able to enter and there will be no error message. At this time I need to restart, the next time the logo may flash, then I can enter the desktop.
I guess it's about the GPU?when apple logo flash,means the Kexts about gpu are booted.if there’s no logo flash ,gpu Kexts don’t work and I can’t get into desktop.
I try to use -v in clover to boot and I got this panic.

Attachments

• D612F67A-8E8B-48F8-8B6D-837B60AF3F95.jpeg
    D612F67A-8E8B-48F8-8B6D-837B60AF3F95.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 139
My trackpad is OK now.Thank you!There is only a strange thing :
I need to reboot two or three times to get into the system. The system can only be entered when the Apple logo is flashing while reading the progress bar. If the progress bar is completed but not flashing, it will not be able to enter and there will be no error message. At this time I need to restart, the next time the logo may flash, then I can enter the desktop.
I guess it's about the GPU?when apple logo flash,means the Kexts about gpu are booted.if there’s no logo flash ,gpu Kexts don’t work and I can’t get into desktop.
I try to use -v in clover to boot and I got this panic.
No problem.
That's a bug, with an inconsistent boot, and should be fixed by using the newer versions of the kexts, there are some information about that on previous pages. I've experienced this at some point of time too. Updated kexts and now every boot => successful!

No problem.
That's a bug, with an inconsistent boot, and should be fixed by using the newer versions of the kexts, there are some information about that on previous pages. I've experienced this at some point of time too. Updated kexts and now every boot => successful!
Every Kext in library/extensions needs to update to latest version ?Ok I will try tomorrow.

Every Kext in library/extensions needs to update to latest version ?Ok I will try tomorrow.
Not every, but I'm not sure what was the minimum to fix that, so I've updated everything.

Have anyone found a fix for headphones audio not working properly on battery power?

has the original guide been updated to reflect all the new kexts and process'?

hi guys :) this is my first hackintosh, thanks a lot for this guide @vettz500 ! I bought a razer 15 2018 advanced mainly because I could follow the steps here :clap:

I was able to get to high sierra desktop and I had the trackpad working even if the guide said that it was probably not going to work at that point of the process (patching needed for battery status indicator and trackpad).

So the trackpad was working with no patching yet although in the system preferences, high sierra was saying that there was no trackpad.

I then applied the trackpad and battery indicator patches. The battery indicator started working while the trackpad stopped working (and high sierra still does not recognize the trackpad but before it was working nonetheless).

Any suggestions on how to get the trackpad back? Or it was not fully working anyway because it was not recognized? Gestures, right click and stuff like that were not working anyway.

Thanks a lot :)

Last edited:
of course I saw other people with the same problem soon after I posted my message... will do some testing later today to see if I can get the trackpad fixed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back