Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With new Voodoo kexts I believe touchpad had become better. More precise and accurate. What do you think guys?

It's pretty nice. It's been too long since my last real macbook so I'm ok :)
But I still can't drag windows with double click even with the RC script activate and accessibility option on.

What is strange is that I didn't use the dsdt patch because it worked out of the box...

But I still can't drag windows with double click even with the RC script activate and accessibility option on.

What is strange is that I didn't use the dsdt patch because it worked out of the box...
Worked for me on a second install without patch as well.
Make sure you do patch for interruption support, it was mentioned in couple of pages before this.

try dragging windows with 3 fingers on touchpad

This comes as an option turned off by default. Take a look under Accessibility, Mouse and Trackpad options. Also you need the DSDT patch-- that is as long as you want proper touchpad support of course...

try dragging windows with 3 fingers on touchpad
Note that with Interrupts mode enabled, all three drag and drop options work.

I have measured the battery life to be around 5.5 hours with medium screen brightness and moderate web browsing. Sounds ok to me. I don't know what the battery life is without the undervolt and CPUFriend, but from what I read it seems to be more like 3-4 hours.

EDIT: I use the Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and Mojave 10.14.5
Did you have to configure CPUFriend somehow or is it just a matter of dropping it into /L/E and rebuilding cache? I really want to give it a go in case I see any improvement!

This week I'm working at a coffee shop for a change, so I've been able to see how my battery life is when not connected to an external monitor. Apparently with Safari/Spotify/Ulysses running and brightness somewhere between 80-100% I get about 4.5-5hrs out of a fully charged battery-- which I really didn't expect! I'm also not undervolted at the moment (though, as I said, I really didn't see any meaningful difference when I was before).

Edit: Never mind-- I set it up. Let's see how it goes!...

Last edited:
I now have 3 operating systems fully configured to my needs on this laptop, so I did Geekbench4 test on all 3 of them...

Razer Blade 15" 144hz 2018 GTX 1060 Max-Q

Windows 10:
Single-Core Score - 4990​
Multi-Core Score - 19709​
Ubuntu Linux 18.10:
Single-Core Score - 5112​
Multi-Core Score - 20022​
MacOS 10.13.6:
Single-Core Score - 4114​
Multi-Core Score - 18385​

COMMENT: I do have another hackintosh with 3 OSs, Thinkpad T420s, and on that one - Geekbench4 scores are better with MacOS.
I suppose that ACPI patching provided in this guide need some more work on it, also using Intel Power Gadget on Razer Blade while doing no work and nothing but Safari open 1.2GHz CPU frequency is the lowest it can go, while on T420s it's 0.8GHz.
We use MacbookPro15,2 to define our systems. Through CPUFriend I've applied the MacbookPro15,1 PM profile instead. You may also lower the minimum CPU frequency this way. The Geekbench score I got is: 4990 - 20039.

@vettz500 thank for this guide!I didn't change ssd but installed mojave 10.14.5 successfully with pm981(this ssd can work well with some nvme patch)
my laptop is razer blade15(2018) with gtx1070mq.
I follow you guide and still have some problems now.
1.trackpad.I had patched DSDT with battery and trackpad patch follow guide and confirmed nothing wrong.But when i reboot only battery work.I spent a few days to find solution but no one work.(I didn’t copy the Kexts to library/extensions but in efi-clover-Kexts .because if I try to Use Kextbeast install Kexts to library/extensions then I can not open macOS)
2.when I open my macOS I always need to restart my laptop twice or more.the first time I boot will happen this panic.And then I restart laptop and I can open macOS successfully.
Can you give some suggestions? I will try all solutions to make my Hackintosh better.
Thanks again!

Attachments

• BFE29215-D433-48A1-95C3-055F747A4B5A.jpeg
    BFE29215-D433-48A1-95C3-055F747A4B5A.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 129
You still need replace the SSD and WiFi card. There is no way of getting around either and there never will be.
Hi!I find a way to use macOS on SSD(pm981) in blade!
Now everything is OK except trackpad.

All you have to do is use another disk to install macOS first(even you can install in usb drive! I installed in my 32G Sandisk USB drive)and you can go yo the desktop of macOS.I spent 1.5 hours to install because of low speed of USB drive.

when you can get in desktop, shudown and boot Windows.Use DiskGenius to backup the part of macOS to your ssd and create a new part to restore it.(SSD is really fast, the backup and restore only take a few minutes).

And then put 2 nvme patch files in your EFI-Clover, you can boot macOS in your pm981SSD like other SSD!

That's all I do to pm981(when I buy this expensive laptop I don't have any money to buy a new SSD lol)and it's really work.If you don't want to change SSD but still want a hackintosh, you can have a try.

And I don't know what happen to my trackpad,it's really strange.Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_6_sec2018-001.kext.rar
    75 KB · Views: 191
  • SSDT_NVME-Pcc.aml
    229 bytes · Views: 193
@vettz500 thank for this guide!I didn't change ssd but installed mojave 10.14.5 successfully with pm981(this ssd can work well with some nvme patch)
my laptop is razer blade15(2018) with gtx1070mq.
I follow you guide and still have some problems now.
1.trackpad.I had patched DSDT with battery and trackpad patch follow guide and confirmed nothing wrong.But when i reboot only battery work.I spent a few days to find solution but no one work.(I didn’t copy the Kexts to library/extensions but in efi-clover-Kexts .because if I try to Use Kextbeast install Kexts to library/extensions then I can not open macOS)
2.when I open my macOS I always need to restart my laptop twice or more.the first time I boot will happen this panic.And then I restart laptop and I can open macOS successfully.
Can you give some suggestions? I will try all solutions to make my Hackintosh better.
Thanks again!

First of all, delete those kexts from Clover folder and install them in /Library/Extensions/ like this(assuming they're on your Desktop):

sudo cp -r ~/Desktop/*kext /Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -i /

Then reboot, if this does not solve the problem, delete patched SSDT from Clover patched folder, then reboot and see again. I have cases when applying SSDT patch for trackpad from the original guide trackpad didn't work, but without any - it did. If that's the case, and trackpad works after reboot with no SSDT patches - patch your SSDT for battery & apply patches for trackpad interruptions support(this will make it work better indeed), but you'll have to find them somewhere on this thread within last few pages.

First of all, delete those kexts from Clover folder and install them in /Library/Extensions/ like this(assuming they're on your Desktop):

sudo cp -r ~/Desktop/*kext /Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -i /

Then reboot, if this does not solve the problem, delete patched SSDT from Clover patched folder, then reboot and see again. I have cases when applying SSDT patch for trackpad from the original guide trackpad didn't work, but without any - it did. If that's the case, and trackpad works after reboot with no SSDT patches - patch your SSDT for battery & apply patches for trackpad interruptions support(this will make it work better indeed), but you'll have to find them somewhere on this thread within last few pages.
thanks a lot! The trackpad works when I delete the file DSDT.But it only can move the pointer,I can't do right click with trackpad. I only can do left click by press on trackpad.And there’s no trackpad in setting.
I will try to find something in last few page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back