Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the power button can’t make it sleep neither
The guide forgets to mention that you also have to tick "Install RC scripts on target volume" when installing Clover. If you didn't do so, simply going through the Clover installation process again should (hopefully) take care of this issue while leaving everything else intact.

If it can help. I compared kextstat when audio is working and when it's not, the main difference is that AudioAUUC.kext doesn't load properly when audio is not working.

EDIT : AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext isn't loading either...

Last edited:
It didn’t work
The guide forgets to mention that you also have to tick "Install RC scripts on target volume" when installing Clover. If you didn't do so, simply going through the Clover installation process again should (hopefully) take care of this issue while leaving everything else intact.

It didn’t work

You should try to disable the dGPU in the BIOS and not via DSDT patch.
Go to BIOS>Chipset and then in the graphics settings just enable the second option (skip external card) and use IGFX for graphics (instead of SG if I remember), it worked for me.

Does anybody have news about the audio not working on most of reboot ?

Go to BIOS>Chipset and then in the graphics settings just enable the second option (skip external card) and use IGFX for graphics (instead of SG if I remember), it worked for me.

i have the same issue when used a real macbook

Unfortunately no news on that yet...

Later today I will be installing the first beta of macOS 10.15 though and will let you know of the result. With the announcement of the new Mac Pro one would expect new NVIDIA drivers to be released soon. I'm still hoping for native NVMe power management too... maybe we got lucky this time...

Unfortunately no news on that yet...

Later today I will be installing the first beta of macOS 10.15 though and will let you know of the result. With the announcement of the new Mac Pro one would expect new NVIDIA drivers to be released soon. I'm still hoping for native NVMe power management too... maybe we got lucky this time...
Could you please provide us with feedback about that beta on RB, that would be great :)

Could you please provide us with feedback about that beta on RB, that would be great :)
Sure thing! I've already updated Clover, Lilu, and all related kexts (will upload links to them as they all had to me manually compiled first). So I'm pretty much ready for the installation... this is for later tonight though, when I'm back home.

Just wanted to start out by saying thanks for this amazing guide! I have everything up and running on a 2018 Razer Blade Advance. I upgraded to Mojave before installing all of the kexts. I have noticed that although the trackpad work as it should (multitouch, gestures) but it seems to be jumpy, especially when moving at a slower speed from left to right. Its almost as if it has a "dead spot" but does not consistently stay in the same are. Is anyone else having this issue? Is it possibly a problem with my config or Mojave? I am running the vodooi2c kext that was included in the most recent post installation package from the tutorial.
I have the same issue. Have you fixed it?

i have the same issue when used a real macbook

Thank you so much. It works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back