Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the build that you recommended, 17G2208, but there's no Nvidia drivers available for this build? I've tried installing the latest build but it doesn't work (I try selecting boot with NVIDIA drivers from the web instead of MacOS built in drivers, and it just restarts with the MacOS drivers), even when I force it to install. And when I try to update MacOS from the App Store, it reboots and starts "updating" but just doesn't do anything and reboots to MacOS without updating. Additionally, thunderbolt ethernet doesn't work (I followed the steps to get thunderbolt to work in the BIOS)
I had same issue with NVIDIA drivers going back to default instead web because I have not installed RC scripts while installing Clover on main drive.

Hi, Guys it should go to other post but I will let you know I am using 2019 Base model 13.3" I have black screen issue after wake. It seems working well with other fuctions like controller audio and brightness(backlight only) controllers. Only black screen after wake. I've disable hibernation. and tried Darkwake=No to 10. No luck. Any other options that I can try to fix?

And Endurance. About -75mv. And I have a question. I have a smaaaaaal electric sound from my PSU. Is it ok?
I would advise that you use VoltageShift instead. Also keep in mind that our CPU can handle much more than -75mV, I'm at -160mV in Windows with no issues so far. Sounds coming for the PSU should be an isolated event, not having anything to do with macOS or undervolting.

I wanted to undervolt in macOS but haven't done it so far. Have you seen any noticeable battery life improvement? MacOS doesn't have native power management for NVME drives. I'm convinced this is what causes our battery to drain so fast.

Could you upload your DSDT for reference please?

Will do later today. Maybe there could be a patch written for it as well? Don't know if cutting and pasting is something that can be done but I'll look into it.

Hi, Guys it should go to other post but I will let you know I am using 2019 Base model 13.3" I have black screen issue after wake. It seems working well with other fuctions like controller audio and brightness(backlight only) controllers. Only black screen after wake. I've disable hibernation. and tried Darkwake=No to 10. No luck. Any other options that I can try to fix?
You've missed something on the install, either with SSDT patching or a kext. Or you modified the config.plist to exclude certain patches. Upload PR files for us to further help you.

I installed the build that you recommended, 17G2208, but there's no Nvidia drivers available for this build? I've tried installing the latest build but it doesn't work (I try selecting boot with NVIDIA drivers from the web instead of MacOS built in drivers, and it just restarts with the MacOS drivers), even when I force it to install. And when I try to update MacOS from the App Store, it reboots and starts "updating" but just doesn't do anything and reboots to MacOS without updating. Additionally, thunderbolt ethernet doesn't work (I followed the steps to get thunderbolt to work in the BIOS). I also have no audio.
Download a Clover installer and use it to install RC Scripts to make the Nvidia Driver work. This is something on my list to add to the guide. My bad for it not being there now.

I would advise that you use VoltageShift instead. Also keep in mind that our CPU can handle much more than -75mV, I'm at -160mV in Windows with no issues so far. Sounds coming for the PSU should be an isolated event, not having anything to do with macOS or undervolting.

I wanted to undervolt in macOS but haven't done it so far. Have you seen any noticeable battery life improvement? MacOS doesn't have native power management for NVME drives. I'm convinced this is what causes our battery to drain so fast.
biggest battery boost i've achieved when i ve restricted power it watts to 5-7w (in Volta).

Whats about SSD - maybe. I've found apple ssd-to-ngff m.2 adapter on aliexpress, but the problem is adapter too fat. Look at this. Ive wrote to seller asking about this, is it possible to do smaller this adapter.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 19.25.20.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 19.25.20.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 79
@natherox here is my DSDT. You can see the methods SSCN and FMCN from line 48791. Originally they were on line 51170. It's just a matter of moving them to the right place.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    263.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back