Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @vettz500, have you gotten Night Shift working on your hack? It's not the end of the world to not have it, but I figured I would spend some time tonight to see if I could get it working. I tried a few kexts I found online but no luck. Curious if you have looked into it at all...
I haven't looked into it at all. Not really a feature that I ever use. But I'll take a look at it and see if maybe I can get it to work sometime in the next week or so

Just tried the steps listed above. The trackpad is still acting jumpy like before. I will reinstall and start over tomorrow. I remember seeing something about updating the BIOS on the laptop, is that something I should've done? I also installed High Sierra first and then upgraded to Mojave but I don't feel like that would cause any issues.
As long as you're on version 1.5 or higher in the BIOS you should be good. If you're on 1.4 or lower, update your BIOS as the 1.5 is a BIOS update to fix an issue with the trackpad.
If you do need to update your BIOS make sure you go back to Windows and flash the original, locked BIOS before you update to the new one. Then follow the guide instructions again to unlock the new BIOS.

It could also be an issue with updating from High Sierra to Mojave. The 2 times I've installed Mojave now I've done so on a separate partition with a clean install. More than likely this isn't your issue, but it's possible.
You can test it by getting making a separate partition and install a fresh copy. That way you don't lose your current set up in case that's not the issue.

Hello everybody and thanks for all the work for this guide

i was able to have it working very well on high sierra almost everything is working

sound is okay trackpad seems okay (it worked before the part where it was suppose to start working)
nvidia driver okay
battery status okay

my only problem is the thunderbolt port i tried pluging my audio interface and it doens't show up
i've try hotplug and a reboot already pluged nothing

when i look at the system infos on the line thunderbolt it says there is nothing loaded any ideas

thanks guys and good job !

That's an odd KP to get. Have you installed the latest VoodooI2C that I uploaded in the most recent Post Installation Clover folder?
Yeah, using the all the latest kexts from post installation. It's especially odd as I don't remember changing anything at all and now it's just KP on every boot unless I remove VoodooI2C. Any insight or is this something I should go to the Voodoo thread for?

As long as you're on version 1.5 or higher in the BIOS you should be good. If you're on 1.4 or lower, update your BIOS as the 1.5 is a BIOS update to fix an issue with the trackpad.
If you do need to update your BIOS make sure you go back to Windows and flash the original, locked BIOS before you update to the new one. Then follow the guide instructions again to unlock the new BIOS.

It could also be an issue with updating from High Sierra to Mojave. The 2 times I've installed Mojave now I've done so on a separate partition with a clean install. More than likely this isn't your issue, but it's possible.
You can test it by getting making a separate partition and install a fresh copy. That way you don't lose your current set up in case that's not the issue.

I went ahead and started over completely, using a fresh mojave install (not upgraded from high sierra). Confirmed bios version is 1.06 and triple checked every step as I followed through the guide. Still having the same issue as before although if I plug the ac adapter in the trackpad works perfect, the second I unplug it starts jumping every 3 or 4 seconds again. I know you said there is no relation between the 2 kexts, the only reason I looked at the acpibattery kext in the first place was because searching "voodooi2 jumpy" lead me to a post that said it had been a problem on other builds. When I remove the battery kext or even just the patching for it from the DSDT trackpad works perfect. I can take a screen recording if it would help.

Hello everybody and thanks for all the work for this guide

i was able to have it working very well on high sierra almost everything is working

sound is okay trackpad seems okay (it worked before the part where it was suppose to start working)
nvidia driver okay
battery status okay

my only problem is the thunderbolt port i tried pluging my audio interface and it doens't show up
i've try hotplug and a reboot already pluged nothing

when i look at the system infos on the line thunderbolt it says there is nothing loaded any ideas

thanks guys and good job !
Do you have another device you can try? I haven't had any issues with the thunderbolt/USB C port with my Pixel 2 XL or my external hard drive.

Yeah, using the all the latest kexts from post installation. It's especially odd as I don't remember changing anything at all and now it's just KP on every boot unless I remove VoodooI2C. Any insight or is this something I should go to the Voodoo thread for?
Try dumping a fresh DSDT file in the Clover Boot Loader (F4) and patch it with the battery and trackpad patches, pop it in your ACPI-Patched folder and see what happens.
I've had instances where repatching the DSDT solved random issues like this.
If this doesn't work, post the issue in the VoodooI2C Support thread.

I went ahead and started over completely, using a fresh mojave install (not upgraded from high sierra). Confirmed bios version is 1.06 and triple checked every step as I followed through the guide. Still having the same issue as before although if I plug the ac adapter in the trackpad works perfect, the second I unplug it starts jumping every 3 or 4 seconds again. I know you said there is no relation between the 2 kexts, the only reason I looked at the acpibattery kext in the first place was because searching "voodooi2 jumpy" lead me to a post that said it had been a problem on other builds. When I remove the battery kext or even just the patching for it from the DSDT trackpad works perfect. I can take a screen recording if it would help.
Screen recording won't really help here, not on this thread anyways. The only thing you could do is find a support thread dedicated to the ACPIBatteryManager kext on either GitHub or here and post about the issue to get either a beta version that's updated or maybe get some insight on a patch to fix it.

It also might be worth taking a video and posting the issue on the VoodooI2C Github page directly to see if maybe the developer has any insight on it for you.

Do you have another device you can try? I haven't had any issues with the thunderbolt/USB C port with my Pixel 2 XL or my external hard drive.
okay when i plug an USBC peripheral it's working like my phone or anything USB controled

but when i plug a thunderbolt peripheral like my audio interface or a thunderbolt dock it's not working

Try dumping a fresh DSDT file in the Clover Boot Loader (F4) and patch it with the battery and trackpad patches, pop it in your ACPI-Patched folder and see what happens.
I've had instances where repatching the DSDT solved random issues like this.
If this doesn't work, post the issue in the VoodooI2C Support thread.
That seemed to fix it! Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back