Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys so I did a build with Mojave and it was great but i wanted to be able to use the nvidia card so I started from scratch(completely wiped my ssd) to do a high sierra build with 17G2208. BIOS is patched with the 64mb and everything is good until i try to patch by DSDT. When I put in the trackpad patch in MaciASL the "apply" button is greyed out.
Got any suggestions?

Did you see any errors when you ran

Code:
iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

I had issues with that and had to remove the "-da" to get it working. Also it would be a good idea to have the latest version of clover installed. Delete the origin folder on your EFI partition where the DSDTs get dumped, update clover, redump and try again.

Hey guys so I did a build with Mojave and it was great but i wanted to be able to use the nvidia card so I started from scratch(completely wiped my ssd) to do a high sierra build with 17G2208. BIOS is patched with the 64mb and everything is good until i try to patch by DSDT. When I put in the trackpad patch in MaciASL the "apply" button is greyed out.
Got any suggestions?
This doesn't sound like an issue with the DSDT itself. It sounds like you missed a letter or part of the code when you copied and pasted it into MaciASL.

Alright not sure what fixed it but I did everything you recommended @mr-prez and I'm back in action. I think the problem may have been because I copied all those commands to a text doc in windows then opened from a usb in macOS. I probably copied them wrong like you said @vettz500 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks guys!!!

Does nvidia work with the 17G2208 build of High Sierra? If so do I need a specific driver version?
The guide makes it seem like I need the 17G3025 build.
Also let me know if these types of questions need to be in another thread. I don't want to be clogging things up causing confusion.

Does nvidia work with the 17G2208 build of High Sierra? If so do I need a specific driver version?
Also let me know if these types of questions need to be in another thread. I don't want to be clogging things up causing confusion.

I think you misread something. Quoted from OP:

If you want almost 100% functionality you NEED to end up running either 17G2208, or the 2 newest builds 17G2307 and 17G3025, or Mojave. If you stick with 17G65 build of High Sierra, you WILL NOT have functioning backlight control and sleep.

Also this is the correct thread for your issues. Trust me, I've posted a lot of issues here, lol.

You need the 17G2208 or higher builds for everything to work properly.

You can find the Nvidia drivers you need here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/

Download the one that corresponds to the build you have installed. I recommend just updating all the way to the most recent High Sierra Build, 17G4015, if you're sticking with High Sierra. That's what I've been running without issue. All you have to do to update to the most recent build is just follow the System Updates in the App Store download and let it start to install, pop in your install flash drive at some point during this. Once the install reboots your laptop, Hit the F12 key, and boot off your flash drive. Once it boots to Clover select the "Install from (your hard drive name)" and let the update do it's thing. Once it reboots you'll be good to go.

I haven't figured out how to get updates to install without the flash drive. That's my next thing to hopefully get sorted now that everything else is 100%.

I haven't figured out how to get updates to install without the flash drive. That's my next thing to hopefully get sorted now that everything else is 100%.

Shouldn't you be able to hit F3 on clover to get the other boot options?

Shouldn't you be able to hit F3 on clover to get the other boot options?
It's not an issue of not being able to select the install when it reboots, because if you try to do it without the flash drive, the option will show up without using the F3 function. But after you select the install and it starts to load, it will kernel panic before the install starts. I don't believe there is a secondary option for the install with F3. But it's something to look into on the next update and see what happens.
It's not the end of the world to have to boot off of the flash drive to install updates, it would just be convenient to not be tethered to the flash drive for updates and have it be totally standalone.

Just got my razer blade 15 base (almost) fully hackintoshed thanks to this guide.
As of right now everything works except the battery and the touchpad. (to my understanding they don't work for my model, but for the next one up) I need to order a new wireless card as well.

Forgive the stupid question but is there anything I can do on my end to try to figure out how to get the touchpad working? I know it being a different model than the blade advanced is what part of the issue is.

Just got my razer blade 15 base (almost) fully hackintoshed thanks to this guide.
As of right now everything works except the battery and the touchpad. (to my understanding they don't work for my model, but for the next one up) I need to order a new wireless card as well.

Forgive the stupid question but is there anything I can do on my end to try to figure out how to get the touchpad working? I know it being a different model than the blade advanced is what part of the issue is.
If you patched your DSDT correctly and are using all of the provided kexts, you should have working battery status. There is no issue with battery status and the base model blade.

As far as the trackpad goes, there's nothing you really can do. What it boils down to is the hardware just isn't supported by the kexts that are used to make the trackpad work.
The only thing you can do is post in the VoodooI2C support thread as others have done, the demand for that trackpad to work might cause the developers to look into it more. The support thread is here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/voodooi2c-help-and-support.243378/page-88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back