Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed that sleep will not work if discrete graphics are not disabled. I cannot say if it will work with the Nvidia web drivers installed though. Just a tip for those struggling with getting sleep working.

Last edited:
Confirmed that sleep will not work if discrete graphics are not disabled. I cannot say if it will work with the Nvidia web drivers installed though. Just a tip for those struggling with getting sleep working.
No issue on my end with sleep working and the Nvidia card enabled. I have the Web Drivers installed though.

No issue on my end with sleep working and the Nvidia card enabled. I have the Web Drivers installed though.

I'm on Mojave so not an option for me at the moment (one can hope...)

I'm on Mojave so not an option for me at the moment (one can hope...)
You can still install and run the drivers. It's outlined in the guide. Just lack of acceleration and it will be kind of glitchy when using the Nvidia card.

You can still install and run the drivers. It's outlined in the guide. Just lack of acceleration and it will be kind of glitchy when using the Nvidia card.

I wasn't able to even get the card activated when I tried on High Sierra. Do you have nvidia working in any capacity?

I wasn't able to even get the card activated when I tried on High Sierra. Do you have nvidia working in any capacity?
Last time I tried, when you were having issues, I did have it working. You have to go into System Preferences and set the Nvidia Driver to be the default driver and reboot, otherwise the card won't work. Once the Nvidia driver is set as default, it will stay that way every reboot until you disable the driver or disable the card again.

Alright, I finally got around to checking and I'm confirming that Audio over HDMI is now working! The latest round of updates and fixes have taken care of that!

I don't know of anything that does not work on this set up. I'm calling it 100% functionality now!

Alright, I finally got around to checking and I'm confirming that Audio over HDMI is now working! The latest round of updates and fixes have taken care of that!

I don't know of anything that does not work on this set up. I'm calling it 100% functionality now!

Is this on High Sierra, Mojave or both?

Is this on High Sierra, Mojave or both?
The latest version of High Sierra. I haven't gotten around to installing Mojave again. But technically it should work with Mojave also.

Hey guys so I did a build with Mojave and it was great but i wanted to be able to use the nvidia card so I started from scratch(completely wiped my ssd) to do a high sierra build with 17G2208. BIOS is patched with the 64mb and everything is good until i try to patch by DSDT. When I put in the trackpad patch in MaciASL the "apply" button is greyed out.
Got any suggestions?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back