Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after a bajillion restarts and going through the list of layout-ids, it ended up being that 29 was the one that worked all along :crazy:. It might have been your last suggestion of switching it to something else and then changing back. Ah well, at least all is well. Thanks for the help!
Sometimes it's literally something that dumb and simple lol

Has anyone successfully dual booted using the BCM94352Z (DW-1560) Wifi Chip?
I have been unable to get it to work on windows 10. The device shows up in the device manager with a yellow triangle and exclamation point. It mainly seems to be a driver issue but, I have tried many different drivers including the default ones. If someone has found a specific driver that they can confirm works or the solution to this problem it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks @vettz500 for the detailed guide. :)

I have been unable to get it to work on windows 10. The device shows up in the device manager with a yellow triangle and exclamation point. It mainly seems to be a driver issue but, I have tried many different drivers including the default ones. If someone has found a specific driver that they can confirm works or the solution to this problem it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks @vettz500 for the detailed guide. :)
I have it working fine on windows. I didn't have to do anything to get it working though, it was completely plug and play. Windows has some pretty good built in driver support for Broadcom cards. Not sure why yours would be having issues though, unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure I used the driver in the link below to get WiFi working and then let Windows update the driver as needed after that.
Other than initially installing the driver, I never had an issue with getting Windows to use the network card.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=kk4jf

Mine working out of the box., I think when I’ve installed windows 10 it Installed the right driver automatically. Does it work properly on mac?

I'm pretty sure I used the driver in the link below to get WiFi working and then let Windows update the driver as needed after that.
Other than initially installing the driver, I never had an issue with getting Windows to use the network card.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=kk4jf
Well I finally got the card to work on windows, I had to format and reinstall fresh. Part of me wishes I would have remembered about the disable driver signature enforcement option in the windows startup settings. I think this would have solved my problem without having to reinstall.

Hi, I can't seem to get the trackpad to work even after that dsdt patch. The battery one worked, but the trackpad didn't after the reboot. I used your config.plist and I double checked to make sure I had the pci8086,a368 string which I do, but still no luck. I had the same outcome on high sierra and mojave. I'm not really sure where to go from here, but any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI + LibraryExtensions.zip
    25.8 MB · Views: 100
Hi, I can't seem to get the trackpad to work even after that dsdt patch. The battery one worked, but the trackpad didn't after the reboot. I used your config.plist and I double checked to make sure I had the pci8086,a368 string which I do, but still no luck. I had the same outcome on high sierra and mojave. I'm not really sure where to go from here, but any help is appreciated.
Sorry for the late reply, I haven't really had time to keep up with this thread.

But with the files you posted all looks good, but you really should post actual problem reporting files, it gives a better scope of what's going on with your set up.

I had this same issue once before, everything was correct but the trackpad didn't work. The only thing that work was doing a fresh dump of the my DSDT and SSDT's and then repatching the new DSDT with the battery and trackpad patches and then my trackpad worked. Sometimes things get changed around when you're doing a lot of work and the old versions don't work anymore.

Try that and report back with what happens.

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't really had time to keep up with this thread.

But with the files you posted all looks good, but you really should post actual problem reporting files, it gives a better scope of what's going on with your set up.

I had this same issue once before, everything was correct but the trackpad didn't work. The only thing that work was doing a fresh dump of the my DSDT and SSDT's and then repatching the new DSDT with the battery and trackpad patches and then my trackpad worked. Sometimes things get changed around when you're doing a lot of work and the old versions don't work anymore.

Try that and report back with what happens.
Here are the problem reporting files you requested, I'll try what you suggested in the mean time. Hopefully this will make things more clear. Thanks.

Attachments

• debug_12972.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
@vettz500 Thanks a lot for taking the time to make this guide!! I'll try it on my Blade in a couple weeks when I get the WiFi card. I can't wait to try it and contribute if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back