Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried that, installed RC scripts and I have that driver in my efi. Same behavior, the status LED on the front turns white after a few minutes and then it won't wake up, eventual reboot.

Just tried that, installed RC scripts and I have that driver in my efi. Same behavior, the status LED on the front turns white after a few minutes and then it won't wake up, eventual reboot.
Please test if NVRAM is working as expected first (example can be found here). Also attach problem reporting files (script found here).

Just ran the test, NVRAM is not working, didnt get a result.

Here is the problem reporting files.

Attachments

• nvram.plist
    2.4 KB · Views: 82
  • debug_32225.zip
    2 MB · Views: 61
While I am aware that this is not generally recommended, try replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with AptioMemoryFix.efi and let me know of the result.

Some recommendations too: you seem to be using FakeSMC, so VirtualSmc-64.efi isn't needed. Unless you are specifically interested in having FileVault working, the following drivers are redundant and you can safely remove them:
*AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUISupport-64.efi
*FirmwareVolume-64.efi

*these are legacy drivers too, but don't quote me on that
AppleImageLoader-64.efi shouldn't be needed as well (but first grab the latest ApfsDriverLoader-64 driver here).

You should only keep FakeSMC in your EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder-- others not needed for our machine. But I would suggest that you move everything currently installed under Library/Extensions to Clover (LiluFriend not needed in this case).

ACPIBatteryManager doesn't play well with VoodooI2C for whatever reason. You could move to VirtualSMC (which would replace FakeSMC) and use SMCBatteryManager instead.

I got the nvram working by removing the redundant drivers but it would wake up with a black screen and trackpad and wouldnt get any further. I'm trying to switch to virtualsmc but it won't boot. I removed everything involved with fake smc but I get ACPI errors and it will not boot.

Edit: Went back to FakeSMC and it still does the same thing. Black screen with a cursor or no screen at all sometimes. Any other ideas to try?

Last edited:
I got the nvram working by removing the redundant drivers but it would wake up with a black screen and trackpad and wouldnt get any further. I'm trying to switch to virtualsmc but it won't boot. I removed everything involved with fake smc but I get ACPI errors and it will not boot.

Edit: Went back to FakeSMC and it still does the same thing. Black screen with a cursor or no screen at all sometimes. Any other ideas to try?

Have you disabled the NVIDIA card? If you haven't already, there's an add-on SSDT you could use (provided by RehabMan):
Code:
// Disable Nvidia with a call to _OFF at path _SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP
// Assumes no EC related code in the _OFF code path
// Assumes no existing _INI at _SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP
DefinitionBlock("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "_DGPU", 0)
{
    External(_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF, MethodObj)
    Method(_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._INI) { _OFF() }
}
//EOF

Save it as .aml using MaciASL and place it into EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

Just did that and it fixed it. Duh..

Thank you!!

Just did that and it fixed it. Duh..

Thank you!!
That's great!

I will soon post some updated files for our machine too (including, hopefully, full hot-patching, OpenCore support, and more). Most probably next week, but not quite sure yet...

That's great!

I will soon post some updated files for our machine too (including, hopefully, full hot-patching, OpenCore support, and more). Most probably next week, but not quite sure yet...
The efi I've posted 2 pages before already has full OpenCore support, you're welcome to develop from there on battery and trackpad hotpactches though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back