Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Motherboard
Asus ROG maximus impact VIII
CPU
i5-6600k
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti MSI
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
how about the third antenna ? Did you only used 2 or add the third ? If you add the third, where did you place the antenna’s end ?

Just 2. Did some testing at the time but can't remember which one is not plugged

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
RTX 2070 Max-Q/UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've noticed that if I remove all the Broadcom-related kexts in Catalina all the boot/switch off slowness disappears (along with wifi obviously).
So the root of all evils is that, haven't tried the patched kext version mentioned above yet.
Have you tried just using AirportBrcmFixup? or is that apart of the broadcom-related kexts? The bluetooth doesn't work but atleast wifi does.

I've tried the BrcmPatchRam kexts that someone updated on insanely mac and after adding those I'm pretty sure that is why my battery also doesn't last on Catalina.

If I remember correctly the base model 2018 has the same trackpad as the 2019 advanced. You could try following the trackpad related parts of stonevil's guide. I think it's just a matter of using the latest VoodooI2C and patching your DSDT as described in the guide.

I tried following stonevil's trackpad patch to apply to my 2018 Blade Base model, but the hot patch did not work. I am worried about going further with the Trackpad GPIO Pinning because I need my working copy of Mac for school right now and can't brick my laptop. Do you know of any alternatives/should I attempt the pinning (I am pretty inexperienced w patching, new to Hackintosh community)?

@sirtailios if you ever find a solution for the base model trackpad, please post!!

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 (2019)
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 | RTX 2070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I tried following stonevil's trackpad patch to apply to my 2018 Blade Base model, but the hot patch did not work. I am worried about going further with the Trackpad GPIO Pinning because I need my working copy of Mac for school right now and can't brick my laptop. Do you know of any alternatives/should I attempt the pinning (I am pretty inexperienced w patching, new to Hackintosh community)?

@sirtailios if you ever find a solution for the base model trackpad, please post!!

Try and follow the trackpad related parts of the guide and make sure you are using the lastest version of VoodooI2C. It should work since it's the same trackpad. You don't really need the GPIO stuff, the trackpad should work in polling mode without it. It's just more precise and efficient in interrupt mode (with GPIO pinning).

If you are worried about breaking stuff make a backup of your EFI partition. That way if things stop working you'll be able to go back to a working version by restoring the files.

Try and follow the trackpad related parts of the guide and make sure you are using the lastest version of VoodooI2C. It should work since it's the same trackpad. You don't really need the GPIO stuff, the trackpad should work in polling mode without it. It's just more precise and efficient in interrupt mode (with GPIO pinning).

If you are worried about breaking stuff make a backup of your EFI partition. That way if things stop working you'll be able to go back to a working version by restoring the files.

I tried to update my kexts and caught something that I think I missed when I originally installed the kexts! My VoodooI2C was not allowed. Image attached with a screenshot. Once I solve this I bet I can get my trackpad working. Any tips? I will do my best to figure it out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 4.17.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 4.17.39 PM.png
    273.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Motherboard
Razer Blade 15-Clover
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630+GTX 1060, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Have you tried just using AirportBrcmFixup? or is that apart of the broadcom-related kexts? The bluetooth doesn't work but atleast wifi does.

I've tried the BrcmPatchRam kexts that someone updated on insanely mac and after adding those I'm pretty sure that is why my battery also doesn't last on Catalina.
I've tested BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext + BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + AirportBrcmFixup.kext.

UPDATE: removed repo & ram kexts, only mixup left = no slowness on boot anymore! (wifi still works)
THX

Last edited:
Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 (2019)
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 | RTX 2070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I tried to update my kexts and caught something that I think I missed when I originally installed the kexts! My VoodooI2C was not allowed. Image attached with a screenshot. Once I solve this I bet I can get my trackpad working. Any tips? I will do my best to figure it out.

Sorry to disappoint, but that looks fine :D

The invalid signature thing is because the kexts are from a third party developer and not officially signed. It says the same thing for me. The problem should be in your DSDT. It's mainly due to the SSCN method being in the wrong place, at least that was why the trackpad of the 2019 advanced model didn't work for a while (and it uses the same trackpad). Follow the guide and move these methods and it should work for you. You can also post your DSDT and I'll have a look.

Sorry to disappoint, but that looks fine :D

The invalid signature thing is because the kexts are from a third party developer and not officially signed. It says the same thing for me. The problem should be in your DSDT. It's mainly due to the SSCN method being in the wrong place, at least that was why the trackpad of the 2019 advanced model didn't work for a while (and it uses the same trackpad). Follow the guide and move these methods and it should work for you. You can also post your DSDT and I'll have a look.

Here is a copy of my DSDT! Let me know if I am missing something (not working).

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    261.5 KB · Views: 70
Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 - Clover
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630/GTX 1060 - 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Following up on one of those unresolved questions, but you said you had found a solution for it, so here's to hoping! So, I don't actually have a Razer Blade -- I have an Aero 15-X9. However, my laptop has the same weird "Connected Projector: Built-In Display" issue, where it thinks my built in display is 30.5 inches, and a projector. Curious as to if you ever got it fixed. I'm running into an independent issue with my trackpad which I believe is linked to the display issue.
If you have the exact same graphics and followed the guide for proper Frambuffer Patching and graphics set up, then the graphics information should look like the attached screenshot.

Also it will always say 30.5" for built in display. That's normal.

I can't provide a solution or really help without any problem reporting files.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 1.12.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 1.12.47 PM.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 61