Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Motherboard
Blade Stealth late 2019 (GTX model)
CPU
i7-1065G7
Graphics
Iris Plus + GTX 1650
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
so many audio based applications that I use are heavily advising against Catalina as they're not yet compatible.

Heh heh... Serato, by any chance.... Me too. lol.

Motherboard
Blade Stealth late 2019 (GTX model)
CPU
i7-1065G7
Graphics
Iris Plus + GTX 1650
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Oh I wasn't talking about bad battery life in general or battery drain while sleeping.

Right now I'm at 100% battery. I unplugged the laptop from power and closed the lid. Now if I reopen the lid I'm getting keyboard illumination but a black screen. Close and open lid again, everything works. Now if I use the device for a couple of minutes it gets really hot and the fans start spinning. The Energy tab in Activity monitor tells me that I have 1:25h left. Now if I reboot it stays cool and I get about 4:30h of battery life.

I can reproduce this 100% of the time. It's definitely caused by the device going to sleep and I doubt it's the NVME drive. It kind of reminds me of how little battery life I got when the dGPU wasn't turned off via the ssdt, that's why I mentioned it. The CPU is not the problem I think, it's clocked super low and there is no real load or power draw. Temps do get hot on the CPU (I'm at 63 after letting it sit in this weird state for a couple of minutes) but that could be the heat of the GPU heating up the CPU as well.

That's just a theory though as I don't know how to check.

This.. 100% the same. I've tried all different configurations for power in the SSDT-ALC298.dsl to no avail. This really is getting quite frustrating now... :/

Motherboard
Razer Blade Pro 2019
CPU
i7-9750H
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi lads,

Updated to Catalina from the App store, everything went well except for my bluetooth card (DW1830), I had to use modified kexts and it works now (see https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...na-broadcom-bluetooth-firmware-upload/?page=5) if you have that issue.

However, the machine lost the ability to sleep, let us know if you have similar issues.

Cheers

how about the third antenna ? Did you only used 2 or add the third ? If you add the third, where did you place the antenna’s end ?

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix X570-E / 2018 Razer Blade 15 Adv
CPU
Ryzen 9 3900X / i7-8750H
Graphics
RX 560 / GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys, just picked up one of these machines. Followed the instructions, except i installed mojave. At the patching part, my battery status is now working but trackpad is still not showing up.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Razer Blade 15-Clover
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630+GTX 1060, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've updated to Catalina trough App Store, without any patched BT kexts etc. Sleep works fine. The transition between desktops is about 3 times more smooth for me, the is like a wow-effect, not laggy at all!

Bt doesn't work at all.
Also wifi is a bit slow connecting etc.

Clover 5070

Motherboard
Razer Blade 2018 Advanced-Clover
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
UHD630/GTX 1070, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all; I've just installed Mojave using this guide. I deviated some in that I used stonevil's trackpad patch process rather than the one here, but other than that I've followed this guide exactly. I'm able to use the GPU disable patch fine (the device doesn't show anymore in System Information or in DPCIManager) but, even though I've patched my BIOS and changed the DMVT settings, I still get a black screen for a few minutes on boot and I also have no audio output. Without the patch I have full audio and no black screen but battery drains very fast.

Is there anything else I can do to fix at least the audio? I can live with the black screen.

Motherboard
RAZER blade 2018 advanced
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070 maxQ
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey all; I've just installed Mojave using this guide. I deviated some in that I used stonevil's trackpad patch process rather than the one here, but other than that I've followed this guide exactly. I'm able to use the GPU disable patch fine (the device doesn't show anymore in System Information or in DPCIManager) but, even though I've patched my BIOS and changed the DMVT settings, I still get a black screen for a few minutes on boot and I also have no audio output. Without the patch I have full audio and no black screen but battery drains very fast.

Is there anything else I can do to fix at least the audio? I can live with the black screen.
wich bios do you have because if you have the advance 2018 with the 1070 maxq you have to get the last BIOS (1.09) from razer to patch the ssdt correctly

it means that you'll have to do everything again from the begining

but if you have the 2018 advanced with 1070 try this ssdt

Attachments

• SSDT-10-OptTabl.aml
    7.8 KB · Views: 42
Motherboard
Razer Blade 2018 Advanced-Clover
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
UHD630/GTX 1070, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
wich bios do you have because if you have the advance 2018 with the 1070 maxq you have to get the last BIOS (1.09) from razer to patch the ssdt correctly

it means that you'll have to do everything again from the begining

but if you have the 2018 advanced with 1070 try this ssdt

I've updated to the latest BIOS and redumped/repatched; I get the same problem.