Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi lads,

Updated to Catalina from the App store, everything went well except for my bluetooth card (DW1830), I had to use modified kexts and it works now (see https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...na-broadcom-bluetooth-firmware-upload/?page=5) if you have that issue.

However, the machine lost the ability to sleep, let us know if you have similar issues.

Cheers

how about the third antenna ? Did you only used 2 or add the third ? If you add the third, where did you place the antenna’s end ?

Hey guys, just picked up one of these machines. Followed the instructions, except i installed mojave. At the patching part, my battery status is now working but trackpad is still not showing up.

Last edited:
I've updated to Catalina trough App Store, without any patched BT kexts etc. Sleep works fine. The transition between desktops is about 3 times more smooth for me, the is like a wow-effect, not laggy at all!

Bt doesn't work at all.
Also wifi is a bit slow connecting etc.

Clover 5070

Hey all; I've just installed Mojave using this guide. I deviated some in that I used stonevil's trackpad patch process rather than the one here, but other than that I've followed this guide exactly. I'm able to use the GPU disable patch fine (the device doesn't show anymore in System Information or in DPCIManager) but, even though I've patched my BIOS and changed the DMVT settings, I still get a black screen for a few minutes on boot and I also have no audio output. Without the patch I have full audio and no black screen but battery drains very fast.

Is there anything else I can do to fix at least the audio? I can live with the black screen.

Hey all; I've just installed Mojave using this guide. I deviated some in that I used stonevil's trackpad patch process rather than the one here, but other than that I've followed this guide exactly. I'm able to use the GPU disable patch fine (the device doesn't show anymore in System Information or in DPCIManager) but, even though I've patched my BIOS and changed the DMVT settings, I still get a black screen for a few minutes on boot and I also have no audio output. Without the patch I have full audio and no black screen but battery drains very fast.

Is there anything else I can do to fix at least the audio? I can live with the black screen.
wich bios do you have because if you have the advance 2018 with the 1070 maxq you have to get the last BIOS (1.09) from razer to patch the ssdt correctly

it means that you'll have to do everything again from the begining

but if you have the 2018 advanced with 1070 try this ssdt

Attachments

• SSDT-10-OptTabl.aml
    7.8 KB · Views: 62
wich bios do you have because if you have the advance 2018 with the 1070 maxq you have to get the last BIOS (1.09) from razer to patch the ssdt correctly

it means that you'll have to do everything again from the begining

but if you have the 2018 advanced with 1070 try this ssdt

I've updated to the latest BIOS and redumped/repatched; I get the same problem.

I was able to fix my issue. I updated all my kexts and made sure that my boot arguments were the same as in the default config.plist before adding in SSDT-10-OptTabl.aml. There's a little bit of static in the audio, but it's barely noticeable if I'm listening to music. @vettz500 you may consider updating the kexts included in the OP download files or including Hackintool to auto-fetch the latest versions.

However, now I have a different problem; when I click "Sleep" in the Apple menu, my screen flashes a bunch and then just acts as if I locked it, presenting the lock screen. Audio is fine after, but closing the lid does the same thing. What can I do to fix this?

Got my mojave install working. Just two things I wanted to ask:

1. I swapped FakeSMC and ACPIBatterymanager to virtualsmc/smcbatterymanager to fix the jumpy trackpad issue (works great so far). However when I did this, I lost battery stats. Are there extra steps I need to take? Running latest version of both kexts.

2. Has there been any progress to the backlight issue on boot/wake? I feel like it started once i swapped out the batterymanager kexts. It's not the end of the world, but if there's a solution i'm all for trying.

3. I have no sound output devices. This also happened after swapping kexts.

EDIT: nevermind, updated AppleALC kext and Lilu kext and now we're in business. All above issues are fixed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back