Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Audio sometimes there, sometimes not, again not a big problem.

Have no issue with audio after sleep. Bu after upgrade to 10.14.6 (18G84) issue with audio on battery come back. Reproducing about every 4-5 reboots. 3-4 reboots works very on battery, after sleep. And boom, issues till next reboot. Interesting that keeping System Preferences/Sound/(any tab) solve this issue. Till about 20-30sec after System Preferences closed. Looks like some power issue for sound card. Very fast test with CodecCommander do not solve this issue. Usually I'm using my BT headphones so not aware about issue with sound card :)

Important!
Very latest git commit for WhateverGreen: 56f91c3b67139b7f80663ffd4c58f89ab6a28e8d, "Remove force mode set from skylake due to incompatibilities" completely breaks power management for screen. Screen black after cold start, restart, wakeup, etc. Rollback to previous version. Had no time to research code/etc.

Last edited:
I have experienced similar behaviour after waking from sleep. The "solution" for me was to switch to igfx in BIOS before using mac and only switching back to SG when using windows.

I tried that today, but I although its made a bit of a difference, it's still there. Beginning to wonder if it's software? I'm gonna go for a full rebuild next week to test that....

Hey everyone, what could be done to make the RBA 2018 go to sleep faster? It takes around 10 seconds now, which is very long time comparing to Windows/Linux...

Hey everyone, what could be done to make the RBA 2018 go to sleep faster? It takes around 10 seconds now, which is very long time comparing to Windows/Linux...
that is typical on macs

Hey guys this a weird one and maybe I’m being paranoid. I’ll try to make this as short as possible.
My roommate really liked my setup and decided to get the 2018 advanced gtx1070 version (same as me). I dual booted macos and windows 10 successfully. Using the high Sierra build 17g2208 everything was solid, no issues. But we were having issues in windows 10. It just kept locking up after a few minutes or even seconds.
After a few days of troubleshooting trying everything, wiping the system, installing windows 10 only, reverting bios, I was able to single out to the problem to the DW1560 wireless card. If I used the intel card it came with, windows worked fine.
So I was going to throw his DW1560 into my laptop since we have the same one to try and replicate the problem and when I removed my DW1560 from my machine I noticed some corrosion on the connector. So I went back to check my roomy’s DW1560 and his had a little bit of corrosion as well in the same place but not as much. I’m assuming his didn’t have as much corrosion because he never really got to use it. I’m gonna attach pics so you guys can see. The one with more corrosion is mine which has been working fine for some reason. Maybe my card has some higher tolerances or something. The one with less corrosion is his.
Long story short, I think what I’m finding is the these DW1560’s may not be entirely compatible with the 2018 advanced versions of the Razer Blade. I’d like to see if you guys have had any issues with your Dw1560 in windows. May wanna check out yours for the same issue.

Attachments

• 0617C931-52B3-4F8A-9A81-C4934C734248.jpeg
    0617C931-52B3-4F8A-9A81-C4934C734248.jpeg
    328 KB · Views: 53
  • 1BAC1309-2814-4C30-881D-2372E043A91F.jpeg
    1BAC1309-2814-4C30-881D-2372E043A91F.jpeg
    488.4 KB · Views: 53
Hey guys this a weird one and maybe I’m being paranoid. I’ll try to make this as short as possible.
My roommate really liked my setup and decided to get the 2018 advanced gtx1070 version (same as me). I dual booted macos and windows 10 successfully. Using the high Sierra build 17g2208 everything was solid, no issues. But we were having issues in windows 10. It just kept locking up after a few minutes or even seconds.
After a few days of troubleshooting trying everything, wiping the system, installing windows 10 only, reverting bios, I was able to single out to the problem to the DW1560 wireless card. If I used the intel card it came with, windows worked fine.
So I was going to throw his DW1560 into my laptop since we have the same one to try and replicate the problem and when I removed my DW1560 from my machine I noticed some corrosion on the connector. So I went back to check my roomy’s DW1560 and his had a little bit of corrosion as well in the same place but not as much. I’m assuming his didn’t have as much corrosion because he never really got to use it. I’m gonna attach pics so you guys can see. The one with more corrosion is mine which has been working fine for some reason. Maybe my card has some higher tolerances or something. The one with less corrosion is his.
Long story short, I think what I’m finding is the these DW1560’s may not be entirely compatible with the 2018 advanced versions of the Razer Blade. I’d like to see if you guys have had any issues with your Dw1560 in windows. May wanna check out yours for the same issue.
I've no problems with dw1560 in Windows or Linux. It may be just you bought the one with issues ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I had the exact same issues with DW1560 in windows, got it fixed by doing what I described here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/bcm94352z-dw1560-causes-windows-10-lockup-freeze.256456/page-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back