Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Hi!I find a way to use macOS on SSD(pm981) in blade!
Now everything is OK except trackpad.

All you have to do is use another disk to install macOS first(even you can install in usb drive! I installed in my 32G Sandisk USB drive)and you can go yo the desktop of macOS.I spent 1.5 hours to install because of low speed of USB drive.

when you can get in desktop, shudown and boot Windows.Use DiskGenius to backup the part of macOS to your ssd and create a new part to restore it.(SSD is really fast, the backup and restore only take a few minutes).

And then put 2 nvme patch files in your EFI-Clover, you can boot macOS in your pm981SSD like other SSD!

That's all I do to pm981(when I buy this expensive laptop I don't have any money to buy a new SSD lol)and it's really work.If you don't want to change SSD but still want a hackintosh, you can have a try.

And I don't know what happen to my trackpad,it's really strange.Can anyone help me?
Can you elaborate on how you managed to get Mac OS on PM981?

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
RTX 2070 Max-Q/UHD 630
Mobile Phone
iOS
Have anyone tried new kexts and/or Catalina public beta, did they fix the audio issue?
@Mr.Crab I think @stonevil fixed the Audio not working when booted on battery on his github guide for the 2019 advanced. Idk about how it is done but you could take a look and see if it works for you.

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15-Clover
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630+GTX 1060, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
@Mr.Crab I think @stonevil fixed the Audio not working when booted on battery on his github guide for the 2019 advanced. Idk about how it is done but you could take a look and see if it works for you.
I'll take a look, thanks!

Sorry, I can't check this or verify.
I tried running through your GitHub page though I ran into the same problem described here. My first flash of the BIOS worked and was able to set the correct settings. It was until after I had swapped ssd's and was inserting macOS boot drive that I realized the BIOS had reverted back to normal. Tried reflashing both personal rom as well as the one on the GitHub page (mid 2019 1.02) and the settings still won't appear.

I tried running through your GitHub page though I ran into the same problem described here. My first flash of the BIOS worked and was able to set the correct settings. It was until after I had swapped ssd's and was inserting macOS boot drive that I realized the BIOS had reverted back to normal. Tried reflashing both personal rom as well as the one on the GitHub page (mid 2019 1.02) and the settings still won't appear.
I swapped back to the original SSD on the laptop and flashed the BIOS again and it seems to be correctly unlocked. But I'm trying to install macOS on a different ssd so I'm kind of stuck at this point.

Motherboard
Razer Blade Advanced early 2019
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 2070
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, LC, Performa, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi! I've followed the guide by both vetts and stonevil. I have everything working but sound. Track pad was working without patching DSDT and now it doesn't work after the patch.
Which code line was for track pad? I shall remove that. Also what makes the sounds work? Is it the drivers or kexts is ACPI? Any help is much appreciated.
As far as I know early 2019 Base and Advance model have a different trackpads and ACPI hot patches will be different. Cannot confirm. Have no access for Base model.

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 - 2018
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070; UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Anyone got the audio working for the latest mojave update?

Motherboard
Razer Blade Advanced 2019 (Early)
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 + RTX 2080
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
OK, so I've got an odd issue.... Fully working RBA2019 (early). The wake from sleep issue - but thats really no problem for me. Audio sometimes there, sometimes not, again not a big problem.

The major issue for me is power (I think). When on charge, all is well. Everything works as expected, loads of open applications, still cool and calm. The moment I unplug and run on battery only, after a few minutes, the Blade gets hot and the fans spin up and the battery life drops - with just a browser open (or nothing at all). I'm lucky to get just over an hour on battery!!

Any pointers at all would be greatly appreciated!

Props to @stonevil though for his guide - keep up the good work, you've answered a lot of peoples prayers. :D

Edit: Is it possible the GPU disable breaks on power state? Thats almost what its like, although only the Intel is showing in the system info....

Last edited:
Motherboard
Razer Blade Advanced (Early 2019)
CPU
i7 8750H
Graphics
RTX 2070
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
OK, so I've got an odd issue.... Fully working RBA2019 (early). The wake from sleep issue - but thats really no problem for me. Audio sometimes there, sometimes not, again not a big problem.

The major issue for me is power (I think). When on charge, all is well. Everything works as expected, loads of open applications, still cool and calm. The moment I unplug and run on battery only, after a few minutes, the Blade gets hot and the fans spin up and the battery life drops - with just a browser open (or nothing at all). I'm lucky to get just over an hour on battery!!

Any pointers at all would be greatly appreciated!

Props to @stonevil though for his guide - keep up the good work, you've answered a lot of peoples prayers. :D

Edit: Is it possible the GPU disable breaks on power state? Thats almost what its like, although only the Intel is showing in the system info....
I have experienced similar behaviour after waking from sleep. The "solution" for me was to switch to igfx in BIOS before using mac and only switching back to SG when using windows.