Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mr.Crab I think @stonevil fixed the Audio not working when booted on battery on his github guide for the 2019 advanced. Idk about how it is done but you could take a look and see if it works for you.
I'll take a look, thanks!

Sorry, I can't check this or verify.
I tried running through your GitHub page though I ran into the same problem described here. My first flash of the BIOS worked and was able to set the correct settings. It was until after I had swapped ssd's and was inserting macOS boot drive that I realized the BIOS had reverted back to normal. Tried reflashing both personal rom as well as the one on the GitHub page (mid 2019 1.02) and the settings still won't appear.

I tried running through your GitHub page though I ran into the same problem described here. My first flash of the BIOS worked and was able to set the correct settings. It was until after I had swapped ssd's and was inserting macOS boot drive that I realized the BIOS had reverted back to normal. Tried reflashing both personal rom as well as the one on the GitHub page (mid 2019 1.02) and the settings still won't appear.

I swapped back to the original SSD on the laptop and flashed the BIOS again and it seems to be correctly unlocked. But I'm trying to install macOS on a different ssd so I'm kind of stuck at this point.

Hi! I've followed the guide by both vetts and stonevil. I have everything working but sound. Track pad was working without patching DSDT and now it doesn't work after the patch.
Which code line was for track pad? I shall remove that. Also what makes the sounds work? Is it the drivers or kexts is ACPI? Any help is much appreciated.

As far as I know early 2019 Base and Advance model have a different trackpads and ACPI hot patches will be different. Cannot confirm. Have no access for Base model.

Anyone got the audio working for the latest mojave update?

OK, so I've got an odd issue.... Fully working RBA2019 (early). The wake from sleep issue - but thats really no problem for me. Audio sometimes there, sometimes not, again not a big problem.

The major issue for me is power (I think). When on charge, all is well. Everything works as expected, loads of open applications, still cool and calm. The moment I unplug and run on battery only, after a few minutes, the Blade gets hot and the fans spin up and the battery life drops - with just a browser open (or nothing at all). I'm lucky to get just over an hour on battery!!

Any pointers at all would be greatly appreciated!

Props to @stonevil though for his guide - keep up the good work, you've answered a lot of peoples prayers. :D

Edit: Is it possible the GPU disable breaks on power state? Thats almost what its like, although only the Intel is showing in the system info....

Last edited:
OK, so I've got an odd issue.... Fully working RBA2019 (early). The wake from sleep issue - but thats really no problem for me. Audio sometimes there, sometimes not, again not a big problem.

The major issue for me is power (I think). When on charge, all is well. Everything works as expected, loads of open applications, still cool and calm. The moment I unplug and run on battery only, after a few minutes, the Blade gets hot and the fans spin up and the battery life drops - with just a browser open (or nothing at all). I'm lucky to get just over an hour on battery!!

Props to @stonevil though for his guide - keep up the good work, you've answered a lot of peoples prayers. :D

Edit: Is it possible the GPU disable breaks on power state? Thats almost what its like, although only the Intel is showing in the system info....

I have experienced similar behaviour after waking from sleep. The "solution" for me was to switch to igfx in BIOS before using mac and only switching back to SG when using windows.

Do you have any news to the trackpad fix on the basic edition?

Hmmm. Not experienced this like issues. I will try to reproduce this issue on my RBA. I'm working on battery a lot and will notice this issue immediately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back