Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think there are no bios updater for base model on internet :(
ive tried to apply for the advanced model's updater, but i couldn't, maybe i should have to ask for some support on razer.
But what version are you running?

I see EmuvariableUEFi in my Clover folder, here attached is my efi folder, and some screenshots of my os build, any other reason why this could be happening? would my bios version help?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.7 MB · Views: 83
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 12.09.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 12.09.40 PM.png
    182.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 12.09.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 12.09.59 PM.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20190201_1232068.jpg
    IMG_20190201_1232068.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 67
I see EmuvariableUEFi in my Clover folder, here attached is my efi folder, and some screenshots of my os build, any other reason why this could be happening? would my bios version help?
You have the efi files in the wrong folder. They all need to be in the drivers64UEFI folder, you have them in the drivers64 folder.

Your best bet here is to just copy/paste and overwrite the drivers64UEFI folder in your Clover folder with the drivers64UEFI folder from the Post Installation Clover folder.

When you put the efi files in the regular drivers64 folder, they do not get loaded. The files in that folder only get loaded when you're booting the computer in legacy mode. UEFI mode is what this laptop works in, so clover will only load the efi files from the drivers64UEFI folder. So right now you're not loading most of the needed UEFI files needed for proper function, you have the bare minimum that automatically gets put in that folder when you install Clover.

It is interesting that you have the 1.07 version BIOS. The latest I was aware of is the 1.06 version that you had to contact Razer in order to get. But I highly doubt that this is the cause of any of your issues. The majority of your issues will be in regards to the efi files being in the wrong folder. As long as you're running the 1.05 or higher BIOS, everything should function normally.

Last edited:
I put the files in the drivers64UEFI Folder and its running wonderfully, I have a RMAed motherboard replaced blade, any word on getting a higher DPI on a 1080p display?

I put the files in the drivers64UEFI Folder and its running wonderfully, I have a RMAed motherboard replaced blade
Glad you got it solved.

any word on getting a higher DPI on a 1080p display?
If you want to try messing with it yourself, go to System Preferences, click on Displays, underneath Resolution hold the Option (Alt) key down on the keyboard and click on Scaled. It will unlock extra display options

Great Guide! I'm currently running the Razer Blade 15 (2019) and this guide almost worked 100%! Everything worked out except for the trackpad patch. I've run through the guide twice now to make sure I did it correctly. Any advice to point me in the right direction for solving this?

Great Guide! I'm currently running the Razer Blade 15 (2019) and this guide almost worked 100%! Everything worked out except for the trackpad patch. I've run through the guide twice now to make sure I did it correctly. Any advice to point me in the right direction for solving this?
You would be the first one with the RTX variant to attempt this guide. Glad to know pretty much everything still works good. Have you tried to use the HDMI with the RTX card yet?

As far as the trackpad goes. My best guess is that it's using the same trackpad that's in the Base Model Razer that nobody has really figured out support for yet.
Upload problem reporting files so I can have a look to see if that is the case.

I've attempted to use the HDMI and it doesn't work sadly. When using the Nvidia web driver I notice less graphical glitches, so I assume it is partially working? Attached is the debug zip from the generation tool you linked in the guide.

Attachments

• debug_21335.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
Just wanted to start out by saying thanks for this amazing guide! I have everything up and running on a 2018 Razer Blade Advance. I upgraded to Mojave before installing all of the kexts. I have noticed that although the trackpad work as it should (multitouch, gestures) but it seems to be jumpy, especially when moving at a slower speed from left to right. Its almost as if it has a "dead spot" but does not consistently stay in the same are. Is anyone else having this issue? Is it possibly a problem with my config or Mojave? I am running the vodooi2c kext that was included in the most recent post installation package from the tutorial.

It seems to be an issue with the ACPIBatteryManager kext, when I remove it the trackpad is smooth. I have noticed when that kext is removed the settings for the trackpad in System Preferences is also removed. Is this kext connected to the trackpad somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back