Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you rebuild kextcache?

Upload just your Clover folder so I can see what changed.

yeeeess i rebuild it!
i want to do so, but i couldn't boot to mojave, i can't access to the drive at all.
i think i have to re-install it, if i have some time. maybe.. not now:sick::sick::beachball:
anyway, thanks for your help :)

yeeeess i rebuild it!
i want to do so, but i couldn't boot to mojave, i can't access to the drive at all.
i think i have to re-install it, if i have some time. maybe.. not now:sick::sick::beachball:
anyway, thanks for your help :)
You don't need to re-install. All you need to do is boot off of your flash drive installer.

You don't need to re-install. All you need to do is boot off of your flash drive installer.

oh, that's right.. I attach my clover folder as u said !

oh, that's right.. I attach my clover folder as u said !

You need to redownload the Post Installation Clover folder and copy and replace a new copy of the config.plist.

Your current copy is corrupt and that's why it's not booting now.
You should also copy and paste fresh copies of the SSDT's as well as dumb a new version of your DSDT and patch it again and pop a fresh one in the patched folder. Just to be safe. Not sure what happened here or how it happened
Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 7.27.25 AM.png

Last edited:
You need to redownload the Post Installation Clover folder and copy and replace a new copy of the config.plist.

View attachment 383478

yeeeeesss i found it toooo in some way.. i recover it! let me try out nvidia graphic disable again with your file!

You should also copy and paste fresh copies of the SSDT's as well as dumb a new version of your DSDT and patch it again and pop a fresh one in the patched folder. Just to be safe. Not sure what happened here or how it happened
View attachment 383478

i apply that ssdt-12-opttabl file to my system, it has 3 Minute Black Screen On Boot issue, and video memory show 1536mb, before i apply that file, it shows 2560mb, how can i fix it?:beachball::angel:

and now, i recover that config.plist file and change layout-id into 28 again, but sounds are gone either :(.. its weired..
ah, I apply the usbinjectall.kext success!

---- ps
I found something, if I apply the ssdt-12-opttable file, the sounds gone too!

Last edited:
i apply that ssdt-12-opttabl file to my system, it has 3 Minute Black Screen On Boot issue, and video memory show 1536mb, before i apply that file, it shows 2560mb, how can i fix it?:beachball::angel:

and now, i recover that config.plist file and change layout-id into 28 again, but sounds are gone either :(.. its weired..
ah, I apply the usbinjectall.kext success!

---- ps
I found something, if I apply the ssdt-12-opttable file, the sounds gone too!
Can you check what version of the BIOS you're running? Reboot and tap the del key a bunch of times until you get to the BIOS screen. Find the version number and post it here.

I think you might be on an older BIOS that could be the cause of the issues here.

Can you check what version of the BIOS you're running? Reboot and tap the del key a bunch of times until you get to the BIOS screen. Find the version number and post it here.

I think you might be on an older BIOS that could be the cause of the issues here.

i think there are no bios updater for base model on internet :(
ive tried to apply for the advanced model's updater, but i couldn't, maybe i should have to ask for some support on razer.

So far so good, patched everything and Mojave seems to run okay but I'm considering installing high Sierra instead as an attempt to fix compatibility issues, has anyone noticed any better functionality with Sierra vs Mojave? In my case Mojave has given me shutdown crashes, restart crashes and sleep crashes, I've gotten some dark screen boots, but I would reboot and all is well again. Also anyone try high dpi settings with either of these versions, with a 1080p 144hz variant no 4k ones.

So far so good, patched everything and Mojave seems to run okay but I'm considering installing high Sierra instead as an attempt to fix compatibility issues, has anyone noticed any better functionality with Sierra vs Mojave? In my case Mojave has given me shutdown crashes, restart crashes and sleep crashes, I've gotten some dark screen boots, but I would reboot and all is well again. Also anyone try high dpi settings with either of these versions, with a 1080p 144hz variant no 4k ones.
Can you check and make sure you have EmuVariableUEFI in your Clover folder? The issues you're describing sound like what happens when you don't have that UEFI file in the Clover folder.
When did you do your install? Because you shouldn't be getting any black screen boots anymore since the latest round of updates. There also was a short time where I forgot to include EmuVariableUEFI in the Post Installation Clover folder that has since been corrected. Sounds like you might have done your install before the updates and before I made that correction for the missing file.

As far as compatibility goes between High Sierra and Mojave. I haven't had any system issues with Mojave, though I've been running High Sierra mainly because there are still a few audio related apps/plugins that I use that are not yet Mojave compatible. But ever since we got everything 100% a couple of weeks ago, I have not had a single system issue with this laptop. Both Mojave and High Sierra have been running flawlessly. I've spent a good chunk of time in Mojave testing and I haven't experienced any of the issues you're describing, nobody else has reported them, at least not yet.

I have the 1080 144hz but have not tried a high DPI setting. I've been content with screen resolution settings out of the box lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back