Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So started from scratch used the new config and this is what I got. I'm gonna try something else this weekend. Also love your about Mac lol
Actually, boot into Mac with your flash drive and remove all of the kexts you installed aside from Lilu, WhateverGreen, VoodooI2C, Voodoo2CHID and FakeSMC.

Try to boot then. This could be an issue with the AppleALC and the Battery Kext.

Got the battery percentage indicator to show up. It was indeed user error on my part

:V now to figure out this trackpad predicament!

You need the 17G2208 or higher builds for everything to work properly.

You can find the Nvidia drivers you need here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/

Download the one that corresponds to the build you have installed. I recommend just updating all the way to the most recent High Sierra Build, 17G4015, if you're sticking with High Sierra. That's what I've been running without issue. All you have to do to update to the most recent build is just follow the System Updates in the App Store download and let it start to install, pop in your install flash drive at some point during this. Once the install reboots your laptop, Hit the F12 key, and boot off your flash drive. Once it boots to Clover select the "Install from (your hard drive name)" and let the update do it's thing. Once it reboots you'll be good to go.

I haven't figured out how to get updates to install without the flash drive. That's my next thing to hopefully get sorted now that everything else is 100%.

Hey so I was able to successfully update to 17G4015 using my usb boot drive. Got nvidia working as well. This is just a suggestion, but maybe put that in the guide for now so peeps like me, who are noobs, can update?
One minor thing though is that I have to check the "use nvidia web driver" box every time in clover when booting to use nvidia. Got any suggestions? Thanks again.

Hey so I was able to successfully update to 17G4015 using my usb boot drive. Got nvidia working as well. This is just a suggestion, but maybe put that in the guide for now so peeps like me, who are noobs, can update?
I guess I just assumed that updating was kind of self explanatory, since it's all done natively through the app store. I might add it in, in the next revision.
One minor thing though is that I have to check the "use nvidia web driver" box every time in clover when booting to use nvidia. Got any suggestions? Thanks again.
You shouldn't have to click any box to make the driver work.
You might need to install RC scripts with clover, if you didn't already. This I have not put in the guide yet, it's a new thing I've come across with the most recent High Sierra builds.
Download the clover installer if you don't already have it.
Run it and get through the agreement, at some point you'll get to a page where you can click Install or customize. Click on customize, scroll down until you see RC Scripts, check the first RC Scripts box and then install.
Before you reboot, mount your EFI drive and check the Drivers 64UEFI folder for the EmuVariable UFI file. If it's there, reboot. If it's not, download the post installation folder and add it.
After you reboot you can either click the Nvidia logo on the top navigation bar or go to system preferences and look for the Nvidia Settings. Both do the same thing. But the laptop should be set for the macOS Default Graphics Driver, change it to the Nvidia driver, type your password and reboot. The Nvidia driver should be the one being used from this point on, even if you reboot with nothing needed to be checked or changed in Clover.

thanks for your detail guide! I finally install Mojave on my Razer Blade 2018 base model (120gb ssd + 1tb hdd).
and here's some tip for Razer Blade base model, I install Mojave 10.14.2, downloaded on Mac OS( 22.01.19 downloaded, didn't know actual build number is.. sry:( )

I didn't use any custom parts like Samsung ssd or another wifi + bluetooth module, but additional use of wireless module(n100mini by iptime, usb type wifi module) and mouse(Logitech g304).

basically it is same as the guide, and wanna tell you about my little experience.
on SSD, there are already windows 10, so i install Mac OS on 1tb HDD. before install Mojave, you must remove the partition on HDD with your windows os 'cmd - diskpart'. not formatting NTFS format, just remove all partition and make it 'unallocated' and follow the direction on III, 2. if you just re-format ntfs format to Mac OS (journaled) in Mac OS disk utility, you might meet 'there is not enough space for install os' something like that..

actually, I couldn't remove usb after installing IV, 10. because there is no bootable source on bios setting.
if you mount your EFI drive on installed Mac OS, you just copy the 'BOOT' folder on USB Drive's EFI Folder, and paste it. now you can see the bootable device on bios.

and don't install the AllUSBInjection.kext,(is that right?) it will bring the left USB ports dead. in my case, I delete that kext and every ports are usable.

and disable Nvidia graphic part, I can't find SSDT-10-OptTabl.dsl file, but same as it(i think?), i found SSDT-12-OptTabl.dsl
so I tried to fix it through that file as manual. actually it works, but also reduce uhd 630's graphic memory 2560mb to 1560mb? and on boot process's black screen, so I didn't disable Nvidia graphic.

if you couldn't get sound, check the sound setting, i don't know why, but the sound output is set headphone by default. so change it to internal sound. but i can't use internal mic at all :(

and karaviner, the caps lock indicator doesn't work for me.

ah, and the link for EFI Mounter and UniBeast(Mojave) is here, I think the link for EFI Mounter is wrong, copy&paste error?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/efi-mounter-v3.280/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/unibeast-9-0-0-mojave.406/

I couldn't speak English that much well, sry :(
but hope you guys this information helpful, and thanks again vettz500 for this detail guide!

Last edited:
thanks for your detail guide! I finally install Mojave on my Razer Blade 2018 base model (120gb ssd + 1tb hdd).
and here's some tip for Razer Blade base model, I install Mojave 10.14.2, downloaded on Mac OS( 22.01.19 downloaded, didn't know actual build number is.. sry:( )

I didn't use any custom parts like Samsung ssd or another wifi + bluetooth module, but additional use of wireless module(n100mini by iptime, usb type wifi module) and mouse(Logitech g304).

basically it is same as the guide, and wanna tell you about my little experience.
on SSD, there are already windows 10, so i install Mac OS on 1tb HDD. before install Mojave, you must remove the partition on HDD with your windows os 'cmd - diskpart'. not formatting NTFS format, just remove all partition and make it 'unallocated' and follow the direction on III, 2. if you just re-format ntfs format to Mac OS (journaled) in Mac OS disk utility, you might meet 'there is not enough space for install os' something like that..

actually, I couldn't remove usb after installing IV, 10. because there is no bootable source on bios setting.
if you mount your EFI drive on installed Mac OS, you just copy the 'BOOT' folder on USB Drive's EFI Folder, and paste it. now you can see the bootable device on bios.

and don't install the AllUSBInjection.kext,(is that right?) it will bring the left USB ports dead. in my case, I delete that kext and every ports are usable.

and disable Nvidia graphic part, I can't find SSDT-10-OptTabl.dsl file, but same as it(i think?), i found SSDT-12-OptTabl.dsl
so I tried to fix it through that file as manual. actually it works, but also reduce uhd 630's graphic memory 2560mb to 1560mb? and on boot process's black screen, so I didn't disable Nvidia graphic.

if you couldn't get sound, check the sound setting, i don't know why, but the sound output is set headphone by default. so change it to internal sound. but i can't use internal mic at all :(

and karaviner, the caps lock indicator doesn't work for me.

ah, and the link for EFI Mounter and UniBeast(Mojave) is here, I think the link for EFI Mounter is wrong, copy&paste error?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/efi-mounter-v3.280/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/unibeast-9-0-0-mojave.406/

I couldn't speak English that much well, sry :(
but hope you guys this information helpful, and thanks again vettz500 for this detail guide!
Need problem report files to help with the issues. USBInjectAll kext should be used. You must have something incorrect elsewhere. If you upload Problem Reporting Files we can probably pin-point it for you. End of the guide explains the Problem Reporting Files.

Adding in an SSDT shouldn't change the VRam of the UHD630, it's set in the config.plist. So something is weird there. Also odd that you have a different SSDT to disable the Nvidia card. Unless you have an entirely different BIOS for some reason.

Getting sound to work on the Base Model is explained at the bottom of the guide in the Base Model Section. You have change the Layout ID for it work properly. That should get your mic working properly as well as the automatic switching.

The issue with the capslock light not working even with Karabiner is a known issue. They haven't updated the software for Mojave yet for it to be fully functional.

Need problem report files to help with the issues. USBInjectAll kext should be used. You must have something incorrect elsewhere. If you upload Problem Reporting Files we can probably pin-point it for you. End of the guide explains the Problem Reporting Files.

Adding in an SSDT shouldn't change the VRam of the UHD630, it's set in the config.plist. So something is weird there. Also odd that you have a different SSDT to disable the Nvidia card. Unless you have an entirely different BIOS for some reason.

Getting sound to work on the Base Model is explained at the bottom of the guide in the Base Model Section. You have change the Layout ID for it work properly. That should get your mic working properly as well as the automatic switching.

The issue with the capslock light not working even with Karabiner is a known issue. They haven't updated the software for Mojave yet for it to be fully functional.

Thanks for reply and I make reporting file.
I set the layout id to 28 as you said, but I couldn't use internal mic. but I can use speaker.

thanks for your help :)

Thanks for reply and I make reporting file.
I set the layout id to 28 as you said, but I couldn't use internal mic. but I can use speaker.

thanks for your help :)

Not sure why you're mic isn't working. That's an interesting one, up until this point everyone has had working microphone.
Did you go into System Preferences and make sure that the Input for Sound is set for Internal Microphone and not Line-In. You can also go to the Launcher click on Other and go to Audio Midi Setup and click on the Built In Microphone in there to make sure it somehow didn't get muted or the input itself isn't turned all the way down.

As you stated in your previous post, SSDT-12-OptTabl is the SSDT you need to disable the Nvidia Graphics. I patched it for you and it's attached. Try it out and see what happens.

You can remove all the VoodooI2C and the Voodoo2CHID kexts. Those are the Trackpad drivers and they do not support the base model Razer. As of right now there is no trackpad support for the base model, so there's no point in them being installed and running.

I can't see anything wrong in the PR files that would make all of your USB ports not work when using the USBInjectAll.kext. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the port layout is different than everyone else that has made this laptop into a hackintosh, which is very well possible since your DSDT and SSDT files are different than everyone else's. Because of this you will need to remove the SSDT-UIAC-ALL from your EFI-Clover-ACPI-Patched. You will need to create your own with the guide below.

You will have to follow the attached guide to properly configure your USB ports to get them to work with the USBInjectAll.kext. If you don't configure your USB ports properly, you won't have working sleep and you might not have USB 3.0 devices working at full speed. You can skip down to the Port Discovery section of the guide. The first half of it you don't need to worry about.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Attachments

• SSDT-12-OptTabl.aml
    7.8 KB · Views: 56
Not sure why you're mic isn't working. That's an interesting one, up until this point everyone has had working microphone.
Did you go into System Preferences and make sure that the Input for Sound is set for Internal Microphone and not Line-In. You can also go to the Launcher click on Other and go to Audio Midi Setup and click on the Built In Microphone in there to make sure it somehow didn't get muted or the input itself isn't turned all the way down.

As you stated in your previous post, SSDT-12-OptTabl is the SSDT you need to disable the Nvidia Graphics. I patched it for you and it's attached. Try it out and see what happens.

You can remove all the VoodooI2C and the Voodoo2CHID kexts. Those are the Trackpad drivers and they do not support the base model Razer. As of right now there is no trackpad support for the base model, so there's no point in them being installed and running.

I can't see anything wrong in the PR files that would make all of your USB ports not work when using the USBInjectAll.kext. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the port layout is different than everyone else that has made this laptop into a hackintosh, which is very well possible since your DSDT and SSDT files are different than everyone else's. Because of this you will need to remove the SSDT-UIAC-ALL from your EFI-Clover-ACPI-Patched. You will need to create your own with the guide below.

You will have to follow the attached guide to properly configure your USB ports to get them to work with the USBInjectAll.kext. If you don't configure your USB ports properly, you won't have working sleep and you might not have USB 3.0 devices working at full speed. You can skip down to the Port Discovery section of the guide. The first half of it you don't need to worry about.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

1.jpg

i apply that u attatch, delete that 2 kext and reboot, but i couldn't boot at all ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back