Graphics
nVidia Geforce 9400 Gt 1Gb VRAM
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, everyone! I'm making my first guide on how to get Wi-Fi working on start up on a Hackintosh. I've searched the forum and haven't find an explanation on how to do this, so I decided to do mine. If it's a repost, please let me know.
I used a D-Link DWA-125.
(Official page: http://www.dlinkla.com/home/productos/p ... p?idp=1307)
In that link I founded the drivers for my USB adapter, but I had to manually connect every time I booted. So, after searching the web, I found Ralink Airport, wich you can download from this link:

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|671p9 ... ip|853|0|0
(Source: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=168984)
You may have to copy and paste the link for it to work.

Note: this software is 32-bit, so it works on Lion (but System preferences has to restart), but it will not work on Mountain Lion, because it is a 64-bit only OS.

After installing it I had to reinstall the D-link drivers. Then you have to go to System preferences, RalinkWireless, and connect to your wireless network.
Captura de pantalla 2012-07-18 a la(s) 7.51.06 p.m..png
Then you will have to set Ralink to start up with system boot up. So, you have to go to Users and Groups, Login Items, and add and tick RalinkAirport pressing the plus symbol. It will be by default in the Applications folder.

And there you go! The next time you boot up, you'll see the icon like the Airport Utility of a Mac, as you can see in the picture attached.
Captura de pantalla 2012-07-18 a la(s) 7.31.56 p.m..png
I hope this helped, and please let us know if it worked and wich Wi-Fi adapter you used.

Big thanks to tonymac and the forum for all the help you gave me!
Greetings from Argentina!

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2012-07-18 a la(s) 7.31.56 p.m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2012-07-18 a la(s) 7.31.56 p.m..png
    73.8 KB · Views: 3,354
  • Captura de pantalla 2012-07-18 a la(s) 7.51.06 p.m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2012-07-18 a la(s) 7.51.06 p.m..png
    148.9 KB · Views: 3,566
Actually, the DWA-125 DOES work on Mountain Lion (Tested on Lion 10.7.5 too).

I used this driver: ftp://ftp.dlink.cz/Czech/DWA-125/driver_software/DWA-125_A2_for MAC_v2.3.8.0.zip

This driver supports 64-bit as you can see on this screenshot:

For the automatic startup/connection, you need to add the app "MiniTaskUSB-DWA125" to the login items. (Located in "/System/Library/StartupItems/DWA125"). This app will connect automatically if you add a profile in the "Profile Drawer" of the wireless utility.

Proof:

See ya!

Hi. Just a question, which one did you use? The one for Snow Leopard or the previous versions?

I tried the snow leopard and its not working :(

I used this driver: ftp://ftp.dlink.cz/Czech/DWA-125/driver_software/DWA-125_A2_for MAC_v2.3.8.0.zip

For the automatic startup/connection, you need to add the app "MiniTaskUSB-DWA125" to the login items. (Located in "/System/Library/StartupItems/DWA125"). This app will connect automatically if you add a profile in the "Profile Drawer" of the wireless utility.

Proof:

See ya!

I got it worked! Happiest moment of my life! What you mentioned just now works but what you forgot to say is that you'll have to first download the RT2870 kext first before you can get it work with the application.

Thanks

Yes! It worked for me! Thanks very much.

Proof:

See ya!

Gracias, asalaraba!! run ok on MOUNTAIN LION 10.8 with d-link DWL-G122 E1 (RT2870) :)

Another USB wifi that working fine at 64-bit on Mountain Lion, Edimax 7711uan with the DWA-125 driver
(Tested on Lion 10.7.4 & Mountain Lion 10.8.1 too).

Thanks!!!

I've got this dwa-125 but A3 with Ralink RT5370 chipset. Can anyone share me official Mountain Lion 64bit driver?

Found. If anyone needs driver for A3 pm me, ill upload somewhere or you can get your installation CD and install it from there.

Great tip...got it working,but system preferences restarts in 32 bit mode,which I suppose is to be expected,but then crashes after restarting....however on second restart it works fine.
It only does this after adding a profile,if no profile exists ,syspref doesn't crash? Any ideas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back