Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching the kernel for Haswell CPUs, XCPM early reboot

Hi Everyone!

can someone help me please?
i have:
ga z97m-d3h
i7 4790k

so i tryin to install 10.7 on this computer. do you will ask why, so this is because i have softwares thas is running very good on this OSX version.

the problem what i have is to install, because is restarting when the apple logo appears, every time.

i was reading the xpcm but i really dont undertant how to do it.

thank you for read. sorry for my bad english.

From Paraguay:headbang:

Hi Everyone!

can someone help me please?
i have:
ga z97m-d3h
i7 4790k

so i tryin to install 10.7 on this computer. do you will ask why, so this is because i have softwares thas is running very good on this OSX version.

the problem what i have is to install, because is restarting when the apple logo appears, every time.

i was reading the xpcm but i really dont undertant how to do it.

thank you for read. sorry for my bad english.

From Paraguay:headbang:

10.7 does not support your hardware (Haswell).

You need older hardware, or newer OS X.

Hey,
thank you very much for these instructions!
They worked perfectly for my Toshiba Kira 101.
Next thing for me is to see what I can get to work, it's all a bit laggy..
Cheers

I am having an issue and it is most likely to me just not understanding what I have to do. I was able to patch the first kernel and install the basics of Yosemite (that is why my drive is called as well) but I'm not sure what you be by go into the terminal of the OSX Installer. In other words, I may be too stupid to comprehend what you wrote but I am basically lost on what I should do to patch the kernel the second time. please helpo_O

I am having an issue and it is most likely to me just not understanding what I have to do. I was able to patch the first kernel and install the basics of Yosemite (that is why my drive is called as well) but I'm not sure what you be by go into the terminal of the OSX Installer. In other words, I may be too stupid to comprehend what you wrote but I am basically lost on what I should do to patch the kernel the second time. please helpo_O

Use Clover. No need to patch the kernel with Clover's KernelPm=true.

So how would I go about doing that from the current position I'm in? I'm very much a noob when it comes to doing this so idk even know what clove is but I'm wiling to try anything

thanks

Ok so from what it seems like, clover is meant for people trying to install Mac OS on a Windows laptop correct? However, you think I should give it a go even though I have a desktop because of the fact that I am running a haswell? Will the laptop instructions still work or is there a step extra that needs to be added or removed?

Ok so from what it seems like, clover is meant for people trying to install Mac OS on a Windows laptop correct? However, you think I should give it a go even though I have a desktop because of the fact that I am running a haswell? Will the laptop instructions still work or is there a step extra that needs to be added or removed?

This forum is for laptops. If you have a desktop, you should post in the appropriate desktop forum.

And Clover is not specific to laptops. You can use Clover for desktops as well.

Note Clover desktop guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

Of course, in either case you can use Unibeast/Chimera also. Instructions for patching the kernel manually are in post #1.

You should also check your BIOS options to see if there is an option to disable the CFG Lock. If there is, you don't need to patch the kernel.

Back