Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

hey i added all the tables in clovers ACPI/patched and it boots normally .
but for RSDP it says wrong table !

Place only DSDT and SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

is there any setting to make in config.plist or what r the best setting for clover !
and also My Patched DSDT is not making any effect on system.

Refer to the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

There are sample config.plists provided.

What effect did you expect? What patches did you apply?

Hi i've dumped all the asl files via the F4+Clover method...i've attached the folder with the file that i have...now i'm trying to disassemble it but in terminal it show:

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL+ Optimizing Compiler version 20141107-64 [Nov 13 2014]
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2014 Intel Corporation

Could not open input file: No such file or directory
MacBook-Pro-di-Federico:~ federicoangeloni$ cd desktop/DumpClover
MacBook-Pro-di-Federico:DumpClover federicoangeloni$ iasl -da -dl *.aml

Loading Acpi table from file APIC.aml - Length 00000140 (00008C)
Loading Acpi table from file XSDT.aml - Length 00000164 (0000A4)
Pass 1 parse of [XSDT]
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_AML_NO_OPERAND

What can be the problem? it hasn't build any dsl files!thanks

Attachments

• DumpClover.zip
    26.3 KB · Views: 204
Hi i've dumped all the asl files via the F4+Clover method...i've attached the folder with the file that i have...now i'm trying to disassemble it but in terminal it show:

Could not open input file: No such file or directory
MacBook-Pro-di-Federico:~ federicoangeloni$ cd desktop/DumpClover
MacBook-Pro-di-Federico:DumpClover federicoangeloni$ iasl -da -dl *.aml

Loading Acpi table from file APIC.aml - Length 00000140 (00008C)
Loading Acpi table from file XSDT.aml - Length 00000164 (0000A4)
Pass 1 parse of [XSDT]
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_AML_NO_OPERAND

What can be the problem? it hasn't build any dsl files!thanks

Read the guide carefully. It says place all DSDT and SSDT files in a single directory... not the other files such as APIC/XSDT/etc.

Read the guide carefully. It says place all DSDT and SSDT files in a single directory... not the other files such as APIC/XSDT/etc.

Ok now i've generate the dsl files...i've also filtered ssdt and only one of it (SSDT-0) isn't cpu related.

Now i've open the dsdt.dsl to see what patches i need, and i've find that it has over 200 error. i post a screen of the compiler log...

I've not found a patch for this error...can you help me please?thanks

Schermata 2015-01-07 alle 16.37.07.png

Ok now i've generate the dsl files...i've also filtered ssdt and only one of it (SSDT-0) isn't cpu related.

Now i've open the dsdt.dsl to see what patches i need, and i've find that it has over 200 error. i post a screen of the compiler log...

I've not found a patch for this error...can you help me please?thanks

View attachment 120907

I think you forgot to use the '-dl' flag.

Just guessing though... It is impossible to diagnose a compiler error with the error message alone.

I think you forgot to use the '-dl' flag.

Just guessing though... It is impossible to diagnose a compiler error with the error message alone.

I've just retried to generate the dsl files and i've checked the flags...the result is the same...these are the dsdt and the ssdt that it has generate...

Attachments

• SSDT-0.dsl
    10.4 KB · Views: 268
  • DSDT.dsl.zip
    31.6 KB · Views: 199
I've just retried to generate the dsl files and i've checked the flags...the result is the same...these are the dsdt and the ssdt that it has generate...

Make sure you're using ACPI 5.0.
Make sure you're using the correct MaciASL (linked by the guide): https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.

There is only one error in the DSDT, easily fixed by removing the line causing the error.

Make sure you're using ACPI 5.0.
Make sure you're using the correct MaciASL (linked by the guide): https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.

There is only one error in the DSDT, easily fixed by removing the line causing the error.

Ok...i have the correct MaciASL...but now in it's preferences i've settled "ACPI 5.0" and now it show only the error and the warnings that are in the screenshot that i've attached:

Schermata 2015-01-07 alle 17.05.50.png

Then i've removed the line and now i have no errors. Now the next step is to find what common patches i need, but i've read the specification of the patches and i don't think that i need it...i'll try if there are some changes with the preview...

Define 'it'.

I was talking about the Syntax patch...i have a doubt about "Remove _DSM method" and "Fix TNOT error" but since i haven't error about it i think that i don't need it...

Back