Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

Hello everyone. I was working on adding a battery patch to the system DSDT. However, I cannot compile the file since I was running into this error. I got the latest maciASL from Rehab as well as his iasl. I set it to 5.2 tho the error are still persistent. I would love for some help here. Thank you

For the battery patch it seems to be that it was a new update from OpenCore that cause the issue for battery indicator (coffee lake machine specifically). If anyone can help me on that as well I'm much appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    300.4 KB · Views: 66
Hello everyone. I was working on adding a battery patch to the system DSDT. However, I cannot compile the file since I was running into this error. I got the latest maciASL from Rehab as well as his iasl. I set it to 5.2 tho the error are still persistent. I would love for some help here. Thank you

For the battery patch it seems to be that it was a new update from OpenCore that cause the issue for battery indicator (coffee lake machine specifically). If anyone can help me on that as well I'm much appreciated. Thank you

Looks like incorrect disassemble problem

Hi @rafael.armenio can u help me how to disassemble it correctly? Or can u direct me to a link that I can read on how to do it the correct way? Thank you
You need to follow step-by-step post #1
in this case, section "Disassembling ACPI files"

Im on this step and I can't found any similar problem when I search in the forum

Code:
Then disassemble in OS X Terminal:
Code:
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

But Im having the next problem in the terminal:

Code:
alber@albers-MacBook origin % iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml
zsh: no matches found: SSDT*.aml

I attach an screenshot of my origin folder:

1586271998630.png

What should I do? I already followed the steps to install iasl and I have MaciASL in applications already

Update: I deleted the duplicated SSDT but still the same problem

1586273052377.png

Last edited:
Im on this step and I can't found any similar problem when I search in the forum

Code:
Then disassemble in OS X Terminal:
Code:
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

But Im having the next problem in the terminal:

Code:
alber@albers-MacBook origin % iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

I attach an screenshot of my origin folder:

View attachment 460343

What should I do? I already followed the steps to install iasl and I have MaciASL in applications already

Update: I deleted the duplicated SSDT but still the same problem

View attachment 460349
iasl -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

cause we have Skylake CPU generation

iasl -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

cause we have Skylake CPU generation

Same problem

Code:
alber@albers-MacBook origin % iasl -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

Same problem

Code:
alber@albers-MacBook origin % iasl -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml
create a folder on your desktop and put only DSDT.aml into it and open this folder in terminal and use
iasl -dl DSDT.aml

Back