Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

I just disassembed ACPIs get from Clover instead, and convert them to asl with iasl.

But I always get errors when I compile them back. Could you help me convert the DSDT and SSDT aml files to asl, which I can compile?

I tried both
Code:
iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml
and
Code:
iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

Neither DSDT asl files output are compilable with MaciASL.

Attachments

• AMLs.zip
    481.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 8.58.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 8.58.52 PM.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 111
Good Evening/Morning,

I have this fresh installed High Sierra ( thanks to your guide and contributions @RehabMan ), so far, everything is working now, I even have patched Discrete GPU by following your guide and I believe it is working, however, I tried to work fresh, deleted and re-generated from Clover by F4, and the moment I try
Code:
AFTER
Code:
pbpaste>refs.txt
Following your guide, I get many errors, (I have attached Terminal Output, and required files from your guide, "Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?")

Thank you so much for giving your so much time and effort.

No unusual errors with your files (with refs.txt, which is not required, or without it).
I disassembled: iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml
The only error is because of extraneous External(BNUM, which is addressed in the guide.
Read post #1.

I just disassembed ACPIs get from Clover instead, and convert them to asl with iasl.

But I always get errors when I compile them back. Could you help me convert the DSDT and SSDT aml files to asl, which I can compile?

I tried both
Code:
iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml
and
Code:

Neither DSDT asl files output are compilable with MaciASL.

I disassembled your files: iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

No unexpected/unusual errors found. Read post #1.

No unusual errors with your files (with refs.txt, which is not required, or without it).
I disassembled: iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml
The only error is because of extraneous External(BNUM, which is addressed in the guide.
Read post #1.
Thank you. I have done the whole process, no errors. Only step I skipped is creating and using refs.txt, is it okay? As you mentioned "which is not required", or I misunderstood?

Thank you. I have done the whole process, no errors. Only step I skipped is creating and using refs.txt, is it okay? As you mentioned "which is not required", or I misunderstood?

Your files do not need refs.txt. refs.txt usually only needed with older ACPI sets that don't have embedded External opcodes.

Your files do not need refs.txt. refs.txt usually only needed with older ACPI sets that don't have embedded External opcodes.

Thank you sir. And thank you for explanation, I further researched and understood it even more now.

here is my patched dsdt and ssd. can u help me check error of this? I didn't apply your recommend patch, I was patch for no error only

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 77
  • ioreg.zip
    617.2 KB · Views: 76
  • patchmatic.zip
    109 KB · Views: 82
  • acpi_DSL.zip
    104.3 KB · Views: 67
here is my patched dsdt and ssd. can u help me check error of this? I didn't apply your recommend patch, I was patch for no error only

What is the issue?

IMG_20180423_153915.jpg

I followed the guide to complete the process. On using "Rename _DSM methods to XDSM" on SSDT-7.dsl, I was keep getting error so I used "Remove _DSM methods" patch on that one only, with no errors to compile as aml.

Files attached. Please look into SSDT-7, and Clover folder>ACPI>patched. (No DSDT or SSDT from F4 clover are there, just some required ones I found in guides)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    12.4 MB · Views: 83
  • origin.zip
    63.2 KB · Views: 83
  • patched.zip
    173.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Back